My Creation, a ball hook swivel story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Creation, a ball hook swivel story

This is (almost) the best ball hook swivel I have ever used.

"My creation--Is it real? It's my creation...my creation" - Oingo Boingo

-Rusty
    Last edited by rdshackleford; 04-22-2018, 06:10 PM.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

I don't know how I missed the swivel in your other post. I was too mesmorized by the bags. Is that the Everlast ball and hook in a new plastic type base?

Comment

Only the steel eye bolt/s-hook is from Everlast.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Also, it is a different swivel from any previous posts. Different material and lots of other changes. This is just the latest.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

What material you used? Looks neat !

Comment

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
            What material you used? Looks neat !
            I'm using two different thermoplastics that work well together tribologically. One is proprietary copolyester (proprietary to my supplier).

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Weird science, get it?

Was no one else alive in the 80's? A couple of computer nerds created kelly lebrock. I created a speed bag swivel. Ironic? Or, just sad?

-Rusty
              p.s. Catch tune, though.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                Weird science, get it?

Was no one else alive in the 80's? A couple of computer nerds created kelly lebrock. I created a speed bag swivel. Ironic? Or, just sad?

-Rusty
                p.s. Catch tune, though.
                Hey if the swivels you created are hotsy-totsy, why not throw a few together for the member baggers that are desperately hunting for a ball and hook? You could become a hero to a few here on the board.... ( of course, expenses to be met)

Comment

Originally posted by REB View Post
                  Hey if the swivels you created are hotsy-totsy, why not throw a few together for the member baggers that are desperately hunting for a ball and hook? You could become a hero to a few here on the board.... ( of course, expenses to be met)
                  +1 and ditto.
                  Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

Have The Autographs To Prove It!

Comment

That looks great. Can't wait to see its evolution.

Kenal0

Comment

Originally posted by Kenal0 View Post
                      That looks great. Can't wait to see its evolution.

Kenal0
                      I have made over 50 swivel designs in the past 9 months. This pic is not of all of them, but gives you an idea of the evolution. I didn't try to sort them, its just random evolved DNA.

I used the one in the foreground with the s-hook as my heavy bag mount for about 3 months. And of course as my speed bags for a couple months before, and a couple months after. So if you think plastic can't be strong and durable, think again.

And since we don't have transparent aluminum yet, yes I am still working with polymers.

-Rusty
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                        I have made over 50 swivel designs in the past 9 months. This pic is not of all of them, but gives you an idea of the evolution. I didn't try to sort them, its just random evolved DNA.

I used the one in the foreground with the s-hook as my heavy bag mount for about 3 months. And of course as my speed bags for a couple months before, and a couple months after. So if you think plastic can't be strong and durable, think again.

And since we don't have transparent aluminum yet, yes I am still working with polymers.

-Rusty
                        I can just hear the ball and hook guys drooling Bwaaaa-ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by REB View Post
                          I can just hear the ball and hook guys drooling Bwaaaa-ha ha
                          LoL. Pretty much I'm way past my ball hook learning curve now and swivels are in my dreams.

Man, those l00k so cool.
                          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

Have The Autographs To Prove It!

Comment

"my creation... is it real?... it's my creation.. i do not know..." - Oingo Boingo
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Looks like an invasion of 1950's UFO's has landed.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...
                              X