Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BagBoy
    replied
    I have this horrible $7. TKO ball hook that I bought back when I started. The ball & hook mechanism is as one piece and it's horribly designed. The hook is very narrow and none of my cleto's, the title, or even the TKO bag I have fit comfortably in it. And, this thing is VERY clanky and loud. It's virtually unusable.
    I was enjoying a can of Guinness one evening and decided to cut the empty can open to extract the "floating widget", it's a little round plastic hollow ball. I've cut it in half and drilled a pilot hole as you see below. Next step is to hunt down the other parts. A visit to Lowes should do the trick. This will be a major improvement with the action and the noise. I think

..just a reminder, you have to enjoy a pint to get to the ball
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BagBoy; 04-21-2019, 02:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
    I have a Deville base with no ball or hook in it, But I can't remember where the ball & hook went, i'm at dialysis, Mom's getting a treatment but when I go home I could take a pic of what I have and post it here.
    Well whatever you have for a ball & hook is obviously working. But I am curious as to how you lost the original..? I'm one of those guys who has nails, screws, staples, you name it in jars and sometimes I find the strangest things while looking in some of them. hope you post a pic of that

Leave a comment:

• ventanakaz
    replied
    I have a Deville base with no ball or hook in it, But I can't remember where the ball & hook went, i'm at dialysis, Mom's getting a treatment but when I go home I could take a pic of what I have and post it here.

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    I'll admit it, I'm sooo jealous of you guys with the Deville's. I have the two forza's and I really like them but it would be nice to compare a forza to a Deville. Or maybe have one of each on two different platforms.

From what I can tell they ran out of Deville's back in 2013 ish?
    I got my DeVille March of 2017 on Speedbagshack.com. But they have not had it back in stock since or I would buy a backup since it seems like this is the end of the line.

Leave a comment:

• mirokiuru
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    I bought mine 2016 from UK! i dont remember the store, but they sold them out pretty quickly and new patch never arrived. I can proudly say im the one and only speedbagger in Finland who owns deville13 (according to ms.deville)

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    Funny I have the same Watkins ball and hook with Everlast plastic base hybrid sitting on a shelf. I have never hit on it because just like you I love the Deville too much.
    I'll admit it, I'm sooo jealous of you guys with the Deville's. I have the two forza's and I really like them but it would be nice to compare a forza to a Deville. Or maybe have one of each on two different platforms.

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagger D View Post
    I did the same thing with my plastic everlast. I put a Watkins ball and hook in it and it actually hits alright. But I only got it for a couple days because the Deville is a much much better choice
    Funny I have the same Watkins ball and hook with Everlast plastic base hybrid sitting on a shelf. I have never hit on it because just like you I love the Deville too much.

Leave a comment:

• Bagger D
    replied
    Swivel

I did the same thing with my plastic everlast. I put a Watkins ball and hook in it and it actually hits alright. But I only got it for a couple days because the Deville is a much much better choice

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by JoMan View Post
    I have the same everlast plastic swivel & base. I ordered a 1" 1/4-20 brass ball and used that to replace the original white plastic ball...it's a MUCH better setup and I prefer it to the title u-swivel (which is really only good for "boxing style", imo)...

So far so good, but looking at your setup can you advise me why you feel the metal s-hook needs replacing? Also, can you point me to where to get upgraded metal hook parts??? Thanks
    I was just getting annoyed with the noise of both the swivel, and the miss hits. Putting the string on, allowed me better feedback of miss hits after I got those miss hits sorted out I went back to the caribeener. I switch between 3 bags, and the string allows me to switch between the bags quickly.

Cheers
    L

Leave a comment:

• JoMan
    replied
    My Swivel setup

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

I have the same everlast plastic swivel & base. I ordered a 1" 1/4-20 brass ball and used that to replace the original white plastic ball...it's a MUCH better setup and I prefer it to the title u-swivel (which is really only good for "boxing style", imo)...

So far so good, but looking at your setup can you advise me why you feel the metal s-hook needs replacing? Also, can you point me to where to get upgraded metal hook parts??? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by Davidlwilkie View Post
    I remember when I first started hitting the bag and tried a bunch of different stuff to help. I think the one thing that helped the most was adding music. I have never had much rhythm before but putting the bag and music together helped me get a little rhythm and helped my timing. Everything else we try helps too. You are doing great for a beginner. Elbows up.
    Roger that David
    Cheers
    L

Leave a comment:

• Davidlwilkie
    replied
    I remember when I first started hitting the bag and tried a bunch of different stuff to help. I think the one thing that helped the most was adding music. I have never had much rhythm before but putting the bag and music together helped me get a little rhythm and helped my timing. Everything else we try helps too. You are doing great for a beginner. Elbows up.

Leave a comment:

• REB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lee Chapman View Post
    Cool

So where do I get one of these balls, are they available online?. I have been trying to get hold of Msdeville, but she's not replied yet.

Cheers
    Lee
    http://bearingballstore.com/

You can get brass or steel bearings threaded.... Do not know if they ship international? Give them a shot

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    replied
    My Swivel setup

Cool

So where do I get one of these balls, are they available online?. I have been trying to get hold of Msdeville, but she's not replied yet.

Cheers
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• ventanakaz
    replied
    My Swivel setup

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...
X