Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BagBoy
    replied
    I have this horrible $7. TKO ball hook that I bought back when I started. The ball & hook mechanism is as one piece and it's horribly designed. The hook is very narrow and none of my cleto's, the title, or even the TKO bag I have fit comfortably in it. And, this thing is VERY clanky and loud. It's virtually unusable.
    I was enjoying a can of Guinness one evening and decided to cut the empty can open to extract the "floating widget", it's a little round plastic hollow ball. I've cut it in half and drilled a pilot hole as you see below. Next step is to hunt down the other parts. A visit to Lowes should do the trick. This will be a major improvement with the action and the noise. I think

..just a reminder, you have to enjoy a pint to get to the ball
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BagBoy; 04-21-2019, 02:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by ventanakaz
    I have a Deville base with no ball or hook in it, But I can't remember where the ball & hook went, i'm at dialysis, Mom's getting a treatment but when I go home I could take a pic of what I have and post it here.
    Well whatever you have for a ball & hook is obviously working. But I am curious as to how you lost the original..? I'm one of those guys who has nails, screws, staples, you name it in jars and sometimes I find the strangest things while looking in some of them. hope you post a pic of that

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    I'll admit it, I'm sooo jealous of you guys with the Deville's. I have the two forza's and I really like them but it would be nice to compare a forza to a Deville. Or maybe have one of each on two different platforms.

From what I can tell they ran out of Deville's back in 2013 ish?
    I got my DeVille March of 2017 on Speedbagshack.com. But they have not had it back in stock since or I would buy a backup since it seems like this is the end of the line.

Leave a comment:

• mirokiuru
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    I bought mine 2016 from UK! i dont remember the store, but they sold them out pretty quickly and new patch never arrived. I can proudly say im the one and only speedbagger in Finland who owns deville13 (according to ms.deville)

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    Funny I have the same Watkins ball and hook with Everlast plastic base hybrid sitting on a shelf. I have never hit on it because just like you I love the Deville too much.
    I'll admit it, I'm sooo jealous of you guys with the Deville's. I have the two forza's and I really like them but it would be nice to compare a forza to a Deville. Or maybe have one of each on two different platforms.

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagger D View Post
    I did the same thing with my plastic everlast. I put a Watkins ball and hook in it and it actually hits alright. But I only got it for a couple days because the Deville is a much much better choice
    Funny I have the same Watkins ball and hook with Everlast plastic base hybrid sitting on a shelf. I have never hit on it because just like you I love the Deville too much.

Leave a comment:

• Bagger D
    replied
    Swivel

I did the same thing with my plastic everlast. I put a Watkins ball and hook in it and it actually hits alright. But I only got it for a couple days because the Deville is a much much better choice

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by JoMan View Post
    I have the same everlast plastic swivel & base. I ordered a 1" 1/4-20 brass ball and used that to replace the original white plastic ball...it's a MUCH better setup and I prefer it to the title u-swivel (which is really only good for "boxing style", imo)...

So far so good, but looking at your setup can you advise me why you feel the metal s-hook needs replacing? Also, can you point me to where to get upgraded metal hook parts??? Thanks
    I was just getting annoyed with the noise of both the swivel, and the miss hits. Putting the string on, allowed me better feedback of miss hits after I got those miss hits sorted out I went back to the caribeener. I switch between 3 bags, and the string allows me to switch between the bags quickly.

Cheers
    L

Leave a comment:

• JoMan
    replied
    My Swivel setup

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

I have the same everlast plastic swivel & base. I ordered a 1" 1/4-20 brass ball and used that to replace the original white plastic ball...it's a MUCH better setup and I prefer it to the title u-swivel (which is really only good for "boxing style", imo)...

So far so good, but looking at your setup can you advise me why you feel the metal s-hook needs replacing? Also, can you point me to where to get upgraded metal hook parts??? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by Davidlwilkie View Post
    I remember when I first started hitting the bag and tried a bunch of different stuff to help. I think the one thing that helped the most was adding music. I have never had much rhythm before but putting the bag and music together helped me get a little rhythm and helped my timing. Everything else we try helps too. You are doing great for a beginner. Elbows up.
    Roger that David
    Cheers
    L

Leave a comment:

• Davidlwilkie
    replied
    I remember when I first started hitting the bag and tried a bunch of different stuff to help. I think the one thing that helped the most was adding music. I have never had much rhythm before but putting the bag and music together helped me get a little rhythm and helped my timing. Everything else we try helps too. You are doing great for a beginner. Elbows up.

Leave a comment:

• REB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lee Chapman View Post
    Cool

So where do I get one of these balls, are they available online?. I have been trying to get hold of Msdeville, but she's not replied yet.

Cheers
    Lee

You can get brass or steel bearings threaded.... Do not know if they ship international? Give them a shot

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    replied
    My Swivel setup

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk
    Cool

So where do I get one of these balls, are they available online?. I have been trying to get hold of Msdeville, but she's not replied yet.

Cheers
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by southtexaskevin 2.0 View Post
    Looks cool. Is the noise you are referring to the "ball" jumping, or was the caribiner making the noise? I know im nobody special, but try keeping your hands up, you are dropping them down near your chest and it's causing you to hit up instead of straight. I'm only suggesting because when I started someone said the same about me and it helped out alot.
    Your right, and your right, and your right.

I am hitting slightly upwards causing the ball to jump and also the caribeener is jumping.

I am working on keeping my hands up and hitting through the bag. I also downsized the bag last week so there's a lot going on at the moment.

Cheers
    L

Leave a comment:

• southtexaskevin 2.0
    replied
    Looks cool. Is the noise you are referring to the "ball" jumping, or was the caribiner making the noise? I know im nobody special, but try keeping your hands up, you are dropping them down near your chest and it's causing you to hit up instead of straight. I'm only suggesting because when I started someone said the same about me and it helped out alot.

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...