• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

On a mission

So I chose this one for today's mission.
    I wanted a combo where the bag goes continually around the compass points without diverting or returning back. I came up with this on paper first, then gave it a whirl..

I wrote it as:

(FDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)' repeat...

All in the quest for bag control.
    Any tips?
  • Alex Skylakos
    • Oct 2014

That's a nice mirror right there!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
      So I chose this one for today's mission.
      I wanted a combo where the bag goes continually around the compass points without diverting or returning back. I came up with this on paper first, then gave it a whirl..

I wrote it as:

(FDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)' repeat...

All in the quest for bag control.
      Any tips?
      geez, Deja vu all over again...

Open your Speed Bag Bible to page 149, Ex#5H bottom right.

...and finish that combo going back the other way,

..add: RDP ' SSP.

(* key: the last ssp can be the lead fist of a S-RDP, and the second fist of the S-RDP can be the lead fist of the RDP, and the last second fist of that RDP can be the lead fist of a R-SDP, ending up with the SSP on the other side.

PS:
      SSP ' RDP ' SSP, .... can be endlessly repeated.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2015

The first thing I did when I read your reply was to open my bible to page 149 and finish off this combo. In my head first, then on the bag. Is this going ok?. I can get the 9 punch now so that's an improvement, but I can see that repeating it is going to get spicy. Would you go the other way around on one bounce by changing the fist order of the next FDP and go for an 18 puncher? Definitely something for my bucket list.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2015

Got that ticked off my bucket list now. Check it out, 18 punch ultimate combo. It is the 9 punch exercise from page 149 (from my earlier video) done twice. I start with a L-R FDP and get it going back the other way on one bounce by rotating the lead fist of the 2nd FDP R-L .

So it reads like this:

L-R (FDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)'
          R-L (FDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)

This is it...

And then did it again a bunch more times to show Alan how grateful I am for all of the help he has given me...

Bag on.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Got that ticked off my bucket list now. Check it out, 18 punch ultimate combo. It is the 9 punch exercise from page 149 (from my earlier video) done twice. I start with a L-R FDP and get it going back the other way on one bounce by rotating the lead fist of the 2nd FDP R-L .

So it reads like this:

L-R (FDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)'
            R-L (FDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)'(RDP)'(SSP)

This is it...

And then did it again a bunch more times to show Alan how grateful I am for all of the help he has given me...

Bag on.
            Your control of that amazing combo is awesome....

Now, phase II: Throw it in with your normal punching. Do all the other stuff you can do, then throw in this combo, then go out of it to your other stuff.

The point is, doing "a certain combo" just on it's own is the first step. Joining it into the rest of your skills is another.

Phase III: During your normal punching from all around the bag, learn to enter or exit this combo anytime your want, meaning when your yours are (a) in the front, (b) in the rear behind bag or (c) split to different sides. There are double punch techniques that will let you begin this combo from any situation.

and you are correct. The Side Single Punch (SSP) IS the key to making all this work. Probably THE most important punch for such advanced combinations.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2015

Some different ways to enter the 9-punch. Front, rear, sides, split fists between front or sides. Is this PHASE III?

Alternating between right and left hand lead on the 9-punch to prevent handedness.

Comment

• rehamco1
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2013

thank you for posting that was sooo good bag on

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Some different ways to enter the 9-punch. Front, rear, sides, split fists between front or sides. Is this PHASE III?

Alternating between right and left hand lead on the 9-punch to prevent handedness.

Indeed it is! Your control and understanding of this is amazing, really. Those are incredibly difficult combinations, especially on that small yellow title 8x5.

Unless you've been hiding in the bush for while practicing before you joined SBF, you're learning curve is unbelievable.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2015

Thanks Speedbag! I am very proud that you think so. The steeper the curve the sooner I get to where I am aiming

I have been doing plenty of hiding out in the bush, although only hunting deer. But you have given me the idea to start up a "clandestine speed bag shrine down in the jungle near my home. And build a little whare (house) to keep my Speed Bag Bible dry- and to sleep in.
                    Last edited by Speedbag Seaweed Man; 06-16-2015, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...