X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex Skylakos
    • Oct 2014

Baggin

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hey guys. Just a quick practice update. I moved and was without a bag for a couple months. Just now getting back in it.
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

Nice chops! That Balaz is mounted nicely to the wall. No vibration - and I usually see some even with the IBox. Good routine, double-bumps and all!

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
      Nice chops! That Balaz is mounted nicely to the wall. No vibration - and I usually see some even with the IBox. Good routine, double-bumps and all!

I concur.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Alex Skylakos View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jf...ature=youtu.be

Hey guys. Just a quick practice update. I moved and was without a bag for a couple months. Just now getting back in it.

Rock solid setup with a low setting on the board. I do that myself actually, dropping the bag belly to chin or neck level. Easier on a bad shoulder, but risky for the fists on downward elbow techniques which raise the fists up higher. When I feel a downward coming on, I'll bend a bit from the knees to lower myself an inch or so and give more board clearance for the downward fist.

Alex, you display great control and mix of combinations. My only suggestion would be to reduce your arm and body swinging sideways on the Side Double Punching (SDP) techniques, but in your case you seem to have great control of the contact, so your swaying and arm play might be more a stylistic expression than substance of swing error. At the point of contact your amazingly solid on those with great control. Once we get control of techniques and combinations we all tend to have a "performance flair" or personal movement style. Some dancing or swaying around as we express the beat with movement. In my mind that is a mark of control and expression, not swing default. I don't see you ever struggling with any movement to regain control or recover from mishits caused by any swing fault. I see a rock solid bagger with excellent control, doing a lot of advanced movements on a U-Bolt swivel...(not the best and harder to use for a routine like yours).

Awesome stuff! By jove, I think you've got it.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Alex Skylakos
          • Oct 2014

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback!

Your right about the side swaying. It is partly a style thing but I'm trying to teach myself to keep my hands up and sway a little less so it doesn't look as sloppy. I'm thinking the ball/hook swivel is probably the best choice? If so I'm gonna upgrade. Besides which I also want to upgrade to a softer bag. Same size, just softer. This bag is tough but tends to beat my hands up over the long haul. Thinking maybe I'll go with either a Balaz Laser, or maybe another TitlePro Black but extra small this time. Something along those lines.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback!

Your right about the side swaying. It is partly a style thing but I'm trying to teach myself to keep my hands up and sway a little less so it doesn't look as sloppy. I'm thinking the ball/hook swivel is probably the best choice? If so I'm gonna upgrade. Besides which I also want to upgrade to a softer bag. Same size, just softer. This bag is tough but tends to beat my hands up over the long haul. Thinking maybe I'll go with either a Balaz Laser, or maybe another TitlePro Black but extra small this time. Something along those lines.
            As for the swivel, my suggestion is YES. For how you're hitting the Ballhook swivel is a much better choice.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Del-Striking
              • Aug 2014

Nice routine Alex. Your competence under the board has launched into another level. I could only imagine what you will become before too long.

Comment

• Alex Skylakos
                • Oct 2014

Thanks guys.

This is by far the funnest hobby I've ever had. I went a few months without my board, I kept feeling as though something was missing in my life. lol

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2015

Thanks guys.

This is by far the funnest hobby I've ever had. I went a few months without my board, I kept feeling as though something was missing in my life. lol
                  I think you are addicted. I am sure I am too, but haven't stopped to find out how bad.
                  When you're shadow baggin and people look at you funny- you're addicted.
                  Think of new combo's and planning them when you're drifting off to sleep?-Addicted.
                  There is a speed bag drum roll before and after everything you do at home-Addicted.
                  Sorry bro, there may be no way to overcome it other than to bag on.
                  Looking forward to your next vid...

Comment

• Alex Skylakos
                    • Oct 2014

Oh yea man. It's definitely an addiction once you get into it. I dread the days when my hands hurt to much to keep hitting it...lol

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...