• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Working on SSP and SDP.

Working on doing my SSP and SDP by swinging more from the elbows and not by swaying from the shoulders. Made some progress on that today, when I got it right it felt solid, and the fists were back to where they needed to be faster afterward compared to the extended arms SSP, SDP I was doing. I will keep working on it, I'd love to hear any other tips I may be able to glean- from the wealth of knowledge and skill our members possess.

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
    Working on doing my SSP and SDP by swinging more from the elbows and not by swaying from the shoulders. Made some progress on that today, when I got it right it felt solid, and the fists were back to where they needed to be faster afterward compared to the extended arms SSP, SDP I was doing. I will keep working on it, I'd love to hear any other tips I may be able to glean- from the wealth of knowledge and skill our members possess.

Ahh, the amazing power of practicing with a purpose. OUTSTANDING PROGESS, and a move I have not yet see on it's own, ....or at least remember seeing it. But, look closely at 1:20 and again at 2:00.

1:15 you do a double split fist, nicely done, to Reverse Fist Roll (1:17), both fists to front and then (1:18) a Right leading Outward-Triple Elbow Strike, (O-TES) followed by a Left leading Double Elbow Strike (O-DES) after ....ONE rebound,(not three) making this a fairly advanced combination.

right lead E-F \ F ' Left E-F

You do it all aqain at 2:00

Did a lot of other very cool moves, including a Reverse Direction Reverse Fist Roll. That is VERY hard.

A+

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2015

Yes there is certainly purpose in my practicing, the pure enjoyment is purpose enough. What I aim to eventually be able to do is punch drum. I am beginning to get the feel for the bag but rekon I'd rather learn the fundamentals and get a bit more practiced in my echo rhythms first while I am having so much fun. See I still have no real idea what I am going to do when I start hitting, it's all spontaneous. I get the bag going and just try to keep it moving. I have a few ideas on combinations I want to throw in but the rest in between just fills the gaps. I guess that's how we each bag our own style?
      Thanks for the help so far Speedbag! It's not going to waste, I appreciate it all. Any suggestions for a cool set of combinations to slay directly from the reverse direction reverse fist roll? The one I do in this vid is a bit weak and with a bit more practice I feel I can redeem myself lol.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...