• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Ruffo on thai pads

This is me and my trainer rocky at his house in his living room. We moved all the furniture and made us a spot!! what ever works right
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • rainbowsixveg
    • Jun 2007

Good job

Good job Ruffo. Those kicks are crisp as well as the punches Keep Training Big Dogg

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Maybe it's just a boxing thing, but has your instructor said anything about breathing? My boxing instructor wants me to exhale sharply through my teeth when I hit.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
        This is me and my trainer rocky at his house in his living room. We moved all the furniture and made us a spot!! what ever works right
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWb7f2wlEUM
        might I suggest you work your right leg forward stance a little more (southpaw stance..). It will give much more variety in controlling HIS footwork eventually.

and try some lead (front) leg kicks. Just kicking with the back leg makes it very predictable and easier to block or avoid. (since your right leg is stronger, putting it in the lead position will give your front leg kicking more power)
        with the lead leg kick, You can learn to drill the inside of HIS front leg thigh.

Also sweep his front leg by kicking the shin as he steps to it just before as his weight transfers. that takes a little time to work up, since the key to that is timing, not power. mis-directing his foot as he steps down on it will take it out.

just a few suggestions. Good video.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
          • May 2007

Great job on the pads Ruffo! Alan is right about leading with your power leg and sweeping to the shins to misdirect and knock fools off balance. You have alot more power than I expected you to have!

Comment

• SupergeZ
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2007

nice work skunk, i hope to get to use those at thai boxing 2night! i really want to start hitting the bags / pads!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...