X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steenhenge
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2016

I definitely don't want to destroy my hands. I suppose trial and error is the best advice. I will probably stick with the wraps for now, and when I get some extra cash I will try a pair of Title gloves I saw online. I also have a new bag on the way, which should help as well.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Hand protection is one of those things that is very much dependent upon the individual. Personally I've used handwraps, two different styles of the old school Everlast mitts, and of late a pair of Harbinger style 320 gloves. Whether or not I use them depends upon which bag I'm using, as I like to switch them. I have three bags that the leather is very easy on the hands. The rest of them I need the protection.
      Dutchman, looked up the Harbinger 320 and they look pretty much the same as the Century gloves I like. Can you describe the material on the inside that contacts the knuckles? Thanks.

-Rusty
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

It's a cloth, very fine weave, almost like a satin. Very smooth to the touch. What the recent production ones have I can't say , these I picked up a number of years ago, and they may have been new old stock.

Comment

• StevieMac
          • Oct 2010

I've been wearing a pair of these lately and I like them.

It is rigorous in training and lasts long. MUAY THAI SHORTS. BOXING GLOVES. HAND TO WRIST COVERAGE in inner elasticated bandages for enhanced grip and stability. It makes you feel more natural while making the fist and averts the fiber from bunching up uneasily in your hand.

Comment

• ScottieReyes
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2017

Gloves should be weared

Hands are exposed to many elements like sun and also in housework, but most of the people neglect to take care of their hands. Protect your hands by wearing rubber gloves while doing housework and never forget to wear gloves while gardening. Cleaning products can be harsh on the skin, so remember to use a hand cream with SPF at least 15, particularly but not only in the summers. One can hook help of this helpful resource site to get products for body care.

Comment

• jaja6009
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2016

I always try to wear gloves. (Well not when speed bagging). I buy a 50ct box of nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight for cleaning. I have bicycle gloves for riding. I have mechanic gloves for auto repair. Then at work I have 3 different pairs of gloves depending on what I am doing. PPE - Personal Protective Equipment. I guess training at work hammered it in my head.

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

Ahyup, have the same rules where I work. Problem with any of the gloves that I can wear, whether it is nitrile, latex or rubber, my hands sweat so much it soaks my arms. Then I have to change them out, wash up and dry and start over again.

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

As an aside, the misses didn't like using the Harbinger gloves , so I went searching for some old school bag mitts. I decided on the mitts that Title sells,
                  https://www.titleboxing.com/title-le...eed-bag-gloves. Just received them today and they are great, especially for use on large bags

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...