X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Del-Striking
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    I would not recommend the Leone speed bag, just do a search on one of my threads here on the forum and you'll see what happened to the bag for me, Yah the bag is turbo fast but that doesn't mean sh*t when the bag falls apart not only on the outside but the inner lining came apart, seeing how you hit, you will waste your money on this bag. Don't get it...ralph
    I'm beginning to see what you mean Ralph about the Leone, one of the rivets is not staying fully clasped and I have to press it tight periodically. Plus I like to feel a little resistance when I'm punching and this thing is so lite on the hands I might as well be shadow baggin. If I can find a 5x8 bag, somewhere between a Leone and a fighting sports 5x8 in response and feel I think i'll be a happy camper. How bout Title either classic, or the yellow 5x8 or Balasz. Once again I need to feel some feedback from the bag. I really enjoy watching Alan banging that classic around, so it must be a good choice. Hopefully Alex we can get the skinny on this speedy but meaty bag choice.
    Last edited by Del-Striking; 10-19-2014, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Del-Striking
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      The small 8x5 title classic is smaller in size than the 8x5 title black pro, but it's also lighter and feels different off the fist. It takes a little time to adapt to it
      bag link: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-c...peed-bags.html

here is the 8x5 classic in use, Oh Yeah!

one note: You say you are a beginner? If so, you need to realize going to a smaller, faster bag also requires the skill to control it. If you can't do that, the extra speed it may yield is meaningless.

IMHO, the bladder material doesn't apply at all to doing "tricks". The ability to do tricks (ie.....advanced combinations from all sides of the bag with fists and elbows) is directly related to the skill and control of the bagger, not the material of the bladder. A bagger that has the skill and ability to control the bag movements should be able to quickly adapt to any difference created by the bladder or bag materials.
      That's the first time I'm watching that video, Man is that slick, I think you've just solidified me getting a classic along with all the other videos you've used it on. Thanks Alan.

Comment

• Eric
        • May 2014

Alan bagging

Alan,
        I LOVED watching that video ! I worked on that same routine this morning after seeing you do it.

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Del-Striking View Post
          I'm beginning to see what you mean Ralph about the Leone, one of the rivets is not staying fully clasped and I have to press it tight periodically.
          They ALWAYS come out... here's how I fixed mine; I used some mini blind cord.
          It's still holding strong!
          Attached Files
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Del-Striking
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            They ALWAYS come out... here's how I fixed mine; I used some mini blind cord.
            It's still holding strong!
            Thanks Zaza, seems easy enough, will do.

Comment

• Alex Skylakos
              • Oct 2014

Great vid! That's a great looking bag too!
              I wish I would have gotten on a little sooner and seen some of the great advice. I ordered a bag offline last week and it made it here a couple of days ago. I wound up getting an 8" x 5" Pro Mex. So far it seems to be a nice improvevent from the 6" x 9" TitleBlack. It's pretty fast and it doesn't take much to get it moving.

Comment

• Alex Skylakos
                • Oct 2014

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Just a quick update video of me practicing on my new smaller bag. Still a little rough around the edges but getting there I suppose.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...