• rehamco1
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2013

Ms Dee Vertical

Ms Dee hitting the vertical bag
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

The vertical drum is underrated

I really enjoy punching on a vertical drum. The nice thing about it is that you can put it just about anywhere, for very little cost. All you need is a bag, a swivel, and a solid wall, door, or 24" square or round piece of wood.

You should try it out sometime, Ralph. It's a good workout. As I've stated in other threads, this is my partner, Raul's only form of punching lately. He'll do 30-45 minutes of elbow combinations on his big red Cleto, or on his Title Big Blue bag. Now THAT'S a workout!
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      ...or on his Title Big Blue bag. Now THAT'S a workout!
      Does his Big Blue have the original bladder ?

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        Does his Big Blue have the original bladder ?
        Yes, it has the original bladder. Is a different bladder recommended for it? It's a hard bag to keep going, in my opinion. For me, I have to really throw myself into each punch to keep it moving. I've only used it on a vertical drum.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          Yes, it has the original bladder. Is a different bladder recommended for it?
          Not if Raul has a rock pile and sledgehammer in the backyard, and a retired warden as his personal trainer. Ralph is right if you want that bag civilized. But if Raul can keep that thing moving with the stock bladder, all I can say is...RESPECT.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Not if Raul has a rock pile and sledgehammer in the backyard, and a retired warden as his personal trainer. Ralph is right if you want that bag civilized. But if Raul can keep that thing moving with the stock bladder, all I can say is...RESPECT.

Sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me.....
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post

Sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me, sock-it-to-me.....
              Watched the making of that and many other familiar recordings in a doc called Muscle Shoals

Located alongside the Tennessee River, Muscle Shoals, Alabama has helped create some of the most important and resonant songs of all time. Overcoming crushing poverty and staggering tragedies, Rick Hall brought black and white together to create music for the generations. He is responsible for creating the “Muscle Shoals sound” and The Swampers, the house band at FAME Studios that eventually left to start its own successful studio known as Muscle Shoals Sound. Gregg Allman and others bear witness to Muscle Shoals’ magnetism, mystery and why it remains influential today.

If I recall you seem to know something about documentary making. Hope you've seen that one, or if not, that you will now. Great flick, Doc.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...