• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

New Platform setup

It finally got some warm enough to finish this platform I got last winter. It looks a lot better than my old one. It's the one on the right.

The Old.

The New. I think it's mahogany but it might be Teakwood. It used to be a table in an old restaurant. I got it for 5 dollars. It has some inlaid designs in it. The pic doesn't show it very well. I love recycling old wood into something usable.

Before I hung it up. It's actually darker than the pic shows.

fedora
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

I think you should attach a few chairs from the ceiling to make the look complete!
    Love it.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

It's 36 inches in diameter. The old ugly one was 24 inches. It worked fine but I wanted something that looked nicer. Because the new one is not only bigger but the wood is also a lot denser and thus adding to the weight, I had to put some angle iron braces on the top and some bracing along the circumference of the board going up the the rafters to minimize the vibration.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...