• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

JC Higgins kicked my arse!

Wow...put a new bladder in this old JC Higgins 1403....OMG, what a workout! I still don't understand how they hit these things, let alone a few of them at a time.

Me thinks my arms are going to hurt tomorrow! FYI... The Deville handled it without one complaint!

The bag is 14" long and 10" at its widest.... What a beast.
    Attached Files
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Nice looking bag.

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      Nice looking bag.
      It is in great shape...nice soft leather and you really do need at least a 3' platform to hit this on.
      Attached Files

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
        Wow...put a new bladder in this old JC Higgins 1403....OMG, what a workout! I still don't understand how they hit these things, let alone a few of them at a time.

Me thinks my arms are going to hurt tomorrow! FYI... The Deville handled it without one complaint!

The bag is 14" long and 10" at its widest.... What a beast.
        I'm glad to hear that the Deville held up for that Beast of a Bag! Trainer Raul has an old bag that looks a lot like that Higgins. He told me that it was the bag that he and his kid brother would workout on years ago. This bag of his is huge. It measures 15" from the top of the loop to the bottom of the bag and probably 9 or more inches wide. He and his brother beat the living daylights out of this bag. I'll try to take a picture of it on the platform tomorrow. It's so worn, I can't even find a logo anywhere on it, but it might be a Higgins.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
          It is in great shape...nice soft leather and you really do need at least a 3' platform to hit this on.
          I took a picture of Trainer Raul's old (unidentifiable) speed bag sitting next to the big blue bag that Title sells. The blue bag is big, but this old bag is even bigger! I inflated it and Raul knocked it around a bit. You have to go into Beastmode (as Skunk might say!) to keep it going.

Have you recovered from your workout yet, zaza?

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Ah, you bought the Alan Kahn signature model Big Blue bag.

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Yes... I recovered, but MAN-O-MAN... that is a beast! There's only so much you can do as far as combo's on that thing, it just kills you. For the life of me, I can't understand how the old Fancy Puncher's did it.

I think mine will look great sitting on the mantle of the fireplace...maybe I should get it bronzed?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...