• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

One more

Good evening. Thought I would share a picture. Today we set my father his very first drum,bag and swivel. Would have like to done the bracing different but it turned out solid. 72 years young. His mother, my grandmother used to hit the bag many years ago. Hope to have a video of him as well.
    Attached Files
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Grandma bagged, that gives you bragging rights. This is a wonderful action on your part, wonder if our member from Spain can take inspiration from your platform designs.

Comment

• swfl
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2013

The one for dad was the second one I ever made... 3 layers of 3/4 plywood and 1" Ipe wood . 2x4s for bracing. If we are looking at drums... Here is a repost my latest platform
      Attached Files

Comment

• rehamco1
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2013

It's wonderful that your grandmother bagged...your father should do very well at it with you as a teacher.

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

Cool Drum. Looks very solid.

I like the Idea making these homemade drums other shapes than round, just because rounds are more difficult to make. The speed bag doesn't know it's bouncing around on an octagon, or any other shape. Good enough for the SB, good enough for me.

Originally posted by swfl View Post
          The one for dad was the second one I ever made... 3 layers of 3/4 plywood and 1" Ipe wood . 2x4s for bracing. If we are looking at drums... Here is a repost my latest platform

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
            Cool Drum. Looks very solid.

I like the Idea making these homemade drums other shapes than round, just because rounds are more difficult to make. The speed bag doesn't know it's bouncing around on an octagon, or any other shape. Good enough for the SB, good enough for me.
            Like i was saying... maybe a dodecahedron SB drum maybe not.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...