• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2013

Gloves

Just wanting to introduce myself. Haven't been able to hit the bag in about 5 years due to rotator cuff injury. I am very slowly trying to get back into it. I'm determined.

I am a painter, and here is a work I'd like to share of my old gloves i did a while ago.

Attached Files
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Welcome to the forum Jeffrey .... LOVE the painting in the post, but Holy Cow, just went to your site! You are extremely talented, amazing works of art. Some of your stuff is so real, I'd swear it's a photo.

Wow! Thanks for sharing.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Jeffrey
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2013

Z-

Thank you so much. Very happy to have found this forum, and I'm hoping to one day acquire a new swivel from Jumpcannon!

Comment

• doss darwin
        • Dec 2012

that's a painting!

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
        Welcome to the forum Jeffrey .... LOVE the painting in the post, but Holy Cow, just went to your site! You are extremely talented, amazing works of art. Some of your stuff is so real, I'd swear it's a photo.

Wow! Thanks for sharing.
        sure looks real--advanced from my paint by the numbers technique and way beyond my normal coloring book abilities--welcome to the forum--there is a ton of help here and an attitude of caution concerning injury--for me there is a line between pushing past some pain but not to injury--getting back on the bag has helped my recovery to be sure and as the sessions have expanded, even in minor ways, it has speeded up--commitment and pace--all the best dd
        the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• looster
          • Jul 2012

really nice work, Jeffrey ! Excellent stuff.
          BTW- I had 2 shoulder operations about 12 years ago- creaking, painful, just never were the same- until I started hitting my speedbag again. There ought to be at least one in very physical therapist's office. Now- pain free, all of my range of motion is back back, and I am stronger, too. Good luck. BTW_ on your road back, looking into kettlebell lifting if you have not had a chance to do so.

Comment

• Jeffrey
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jun 2013

About 20 years ago my shoulders started to bother me. I went to an orthopedic surgeon and wouldn't you guess it,... he told me if they still bothered me in 30 days, we should go in. Right. I went to a sports medicine doc who said no way, here's some exercises just do them. My shoulders were so bad that it hurt to drive. Painting was painful.

I did the exercises for years, and they got better. I surf. I should not be able to paddle. I can. I got a vasa trainer and it was probably one of the best things I could have done.

Enhance your strength and endurance with Vasa Trainers and Ergometers—a top choice for swimmers, triathletes and fitness enthusiasts.

A few years ago I tried hitting the focus pads with a friend for about fifteen minutes. Not a good idea, it took about a month for the pain to go away.

I started in on the bag about a week ago, going to take it real slow. So far all is good. I have to be careful because I cannot risk not being able to paint, or make jewelry which I also do, lost wax.

And more importantly, I've gotta keep on eye on my hands...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...