X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagAtaraxis
    • Nov 2010

Speed bag video went semi Viral!

Hey Speed bag family! A video Alan took for me at the speed bag convention went semi viral due to a post on reddit.com. Wanted to let everyone in on it and also repost the video here to keep the ball rolling and see what I can do with it! Bag on!

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post
    Hey Speed bag family! A video Alan took for me at the speed bag convention went semi viral due to a post on reddit.com. Wanted to let everyone in on it and also repost the video here to keep the ball rolling and see what I can do with it! Bag on!

Awesome!! I still marvel at this video, and your effort to "Turn the beat around". You're ripping it up!

Enjoy the ride. I just got off a semi viral video week that ended with an invitation to the David Letterman show, besides requests from Good Morning America, ESPN sports and Fox News for rights to show some of my videos. Your punch drumming skills are certainly worthy of that and more.

Hope yours is just as much fun.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 02-24-2013, 09:06 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

I heard someone say "smokin" at the end. I'd say it was a lot more like "Fire" than smoke. Fists of Fury for sure. Great job, and really fun to watch.

fedora

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Everytime I see this video, it puts me in a trance-like state. Your hitting is so freaking unreal!!
        sigpic

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

I so want to see this video but for some reason it wont show up on my tablet!

Comment

• Jollygood49
            • Jan 2013

Wow, nice video! It's no wonder it's gone semi viral because that is some seriously impressive hand speed you've got.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

You Gotta See this in person…

Matthew's speed bagging skills are off the chart.

I was lucky enough to be at Speed B.A.G. III to witness his skills, up close and personal…

If I'm not mistaken, Matthew punched to this particular song a couple of times.

I recorded this version — shot from a different angle, from start to finish – over 5 SOLID minutes of non-stop punch drumming! WHEW!

I uploaded this video posting on November 16, 2012 and it has had over 2,500 views... not bad.

An awesome display of the art of the bag by SpeedBagAtaraxis of speedbagforum. This footage was taken on July 14, 2012 at the 3rd annual gathering of speed b...

Hey, Matthew. I noticed that two other YouTubers have "stolen" your video and posted it on their own YT channels! ("CBSnewsify" and "samad malik") What's up with that?
              Last edited by MsDeville; 02-25-2013, 05:05 PM.
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                Matthew's speed bagging skills are off the chart.

I was lucky enough to be at Speed B.A.G. III to witness his skills, up close and personal…

If I'm not mistaken, Matthew punched to this particular song a couple of times.

I recorded this version — shot from a different angle, from start to finish – over 5 SOLID minutes of non-stop punch drumming! WHEW!

I uploaded this video posting on November 16, 2012 and it has had over 2,500 views... not bad.
                Yes.... amazing stamina. Brings back a few memories from days gone by. Rumble, young man, rumble.

An awesome display of the art of the bag by SpeedBagAtaraxis of speedbagforum. This footage was taken on July 14, 2012 at the 3rd annual gathering of speed b...

Hey, Matthew. I noticed that two other YouTubers have "stolen" your video and posted it on their own YT channels! ("CBSnewsify" and "samad malik") What's up with that?

That's "advertising". All the people (if any) that subscribe to that user will get a notice to watch it. The more who see it, the better your chances to go seriously viral, or get noticed by some much larger folks than the typical youtube user. It could happen.
                Last edited by Speedbag; 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Is Matthew hitting on the little Gyro speed bag? I can't tell, because of the red sleeve on the bag.

Also, did anyone else notice that Matthew is punching on a ball-hook swivel with the nylon ball-hook (Everlast swivel)? You can see the white ball in the close-up in the longer video. We all know that when the bag hangs low, it makes it even more challenging to get the bag to move fast. Using the Gyro bag or a small Leone bag is the only way to keep that kind of speed for any length of time, imo. And how Matthew maintains that pace for 5 minutes is mind-blowing. VERY impressive. And after reading some of the comments on the reddit posting, there are people who DON'T believe it! I guess they think the video is fake! Yeah, right.
                  sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                  I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Is Matthew hitting on the little Gyro speed bag? I can't tell, because of the red sleeve on the bag.
                    Yes, I think it is the 8x5, not the 7x4 which is really to small and light, IMO.

Also, did anyone else notice that Matthew is punching on a ball-hook swivel with the nylon ball-hook (Everlast swivel)? You can see the white ball in the close-up in the longer video.
                    Yes, He is hitting on an everlast plastic ballhook. I looked at the original video's I have of this and it was a plastic ball, most likely with the shank superglued into the ball. Below is a frame capture from my original footage.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Speedbag; 02-26-2013, 02:27 PM.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Hey Matt, here is another one for you....

Let's see how it does....

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Going Viral…

Matthew. You have caused quite a stir on YouTube. There continues to be more YT Channels adding this video. I guess they're trying to "cash in" on the View Hits. Yes, they stole it, but, maybe it will help spread the Word of the Bag!

You are closing in on 100,000 views of this video. Very cool.

This is a screen capture from my iphone, taken yesterday afternoon. This morning, your video has climbed to 95,045 views.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Matthew. You have caused quite a stir on YouTube. There continues to be more YT Channels adding this video. I guess they're trying to "cash in" on the View Hits. Yes, they stole it, but, maybe it will help spread the Word of the Bag!

You are closing in on 100,000 views of this video. Very cool.

This is a screen capture from my iphone, taken yesterday afternoon. This morning, your video has climbed to 95,045 views.

Whoa! We may have our first quater mil man! Awesome!

(TIP to Matt: You made a comment that "Netsky has seen this...". IF possible get him (them?) to give you viewer or performances rights to their music, so the networks can air it if they see it. ABC, ESPN, and FOX news contacted me about showing a few of my punch drumming video's on the air but I have not been granted rights for performance to the songs by the owner, and they can't air them. Don't confuse that with youtube stripping or not stripping the sound tracks of copyrighted music, it is not the same thing. The YT scanners will notify you of "copyrighted material" but various recording entities now have agreed to let it go and run advertertising on the video. Airing on major networks is a whole different issue. But it would be worth a try to see if the band will approve it.
                          Last edited by Speedbag; 02-27-2013, 01:36 PM.
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
                            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Nice Rip!

Matt (Ateraxis) What a time at SB3 hurry up SB4. Hope to see you soon,keep the beats comming,and the viral vids.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

It's over 100,000 views now.

March 2, 9pm

Speed bag Memory Lane-Netsky Punch Drum Now at..... 106,721
                              For licensing or usage contact: licensing@viralhog.comContact info for Matthew(guy in video): mateosanti123@gmail.com Punch Drumming to Memory Lane by Netsky...
                              Last edited by Speedbag; 03-02-2013, 09:08 PM.
                              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...