X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jake
    • Mar 2011

4-ways

It feels good to peel off three sweatshirts and hit in a T-shirt.

Doing 4-ways with a hood on is much more challenging.

Anyone have any tips on adding slowmotion to parts of a video? I have windows movie maker, and I suppose if I put in some time I could figure it out, but I would rather spend my free time under the board.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Jake, once you import your 4-way video into Windows Movie Maker, drag all the pieces down on the time line and then go to "View Effects", look for the effect "Slow Down, Half" and drag that effect onto the clip(s) you want to slow down.

Look at the results in the preview window to the right. Once you're happy with it, go to "Finish Movie", and "Save to My Computer." Name it and tell the computer where you want to save it. Then you can upload to YouTube.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

As for slow motion, Bif is on the right track. your 4 way elbow srtike appear even and of equal force, timing is good. Most hists are clean but I hear a few mishits in the routine, but you recover well. All together a nice set.
      Last edited by Speedbag; 02-05-2013, 05:00 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jake
        • Mar 2011

Thanks for the slow motion tips Biff. That will save me a lot of time.

Allen I was hoping to study my 4-way elbow strikes in slow motion, and learn something about when, where, and why, I miss hit. Although I have a feeling seeing things from one angle is not going to tell me a whole lot.

On another note- Because I have had cuts on the inside of both hands for a couple weeks, I have been hitting from the front only. It's been a great workout. I'm hitting faster and stronger than ever now. Sometimes it's good to forget about all the fancy moves, and just pound the bag.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jake View Post
          Thanks for the slow motion tips Biff. That will save me a lot of time.

Allen I was hoping to study my 4-way elbow strikes in slow motion, and learn something about when, where, and why, I miss hit. Although I have a feeling seeing things from one angle is not going to tell me a whole lot.

On another note- Because I have had cuts on the inside of both hands for a couple weeks, I have been hitting from the front only. It's been a great workout. I'm hitting faster and stronger than ever now. Sometimes it's good to forget about all the fancy moves, and just pound the bag.
          If you really want to study Elbow strikes in slo motion and gain any useful teaching information than I suggest you put the camera to your side at shoulder level. Filming from directly underneath reveals nothing about fist contact in relation to the belly of the bag, arm position or swing faults.

it is a cool, interesting angle to see speed bag punching, but that's about it.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Nice four way combo Jake! Let's see you hit from a different angle and some more combos.
            sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jake View Post

It feels good to peel off three sweatshirts and hit in a T-shirt.

Doing 4-ways with a hood on is much more challenging.
              Boy howdy! Bagging with a hoody… I've done it, but it ain't easy. I don't know how some baggers do it. Ebozyn, Dee Pooler, zaza…

On the cold nights, I head out to the garage wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt, a hoody, and a winter jacket. But, I am usually peeling off the jackets within 10 minutes – takes about that long to get warmed up. I find that I need to FEEL the bag not only with my bare fists, but ideally with bare elbows.

Really nice 4-ways. Watching this video, I notice the bag is pretty much hitting consistently in the same spot as it alternates from side to side. This takes a certain amount of concentration. And learning exactly how much to turn at the waist takes practice, too.

For me, I find it's hard to keep it up (consistently) for any length of time. After all, we're humans, not automatons. We can develop the "muscle memory" to know how hard to strike and where to strike, over and over. But, I think no matter how hard I try, I seem to slightly favor one side over the other, thus, throwing me off after 3 or 4 reps. If that makes sense… When I mess up, I'll stop and change it up and lead with the opposite elbow, to see if it makes a difference.

Is that your heavy Balazs bag you're using? A large, heavy bag works best for me when doing 4-ways…

BTW, nice guns.
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Jake
                • Mar 2011

Hey Dee,

My garage doesn't drop below 45 degrees so I consider myself very lucky. Lately I start out with three sweatshirts, and peel them off as I get going. By the time I get the last sweatshirt off, hitting feels much easier. It's a little like going from the heavy Lazer, to the lighter FS.

If I could only have one speed bag, it would be the Lazer XS. No question about it.

Lately I've been having breakthrough moments more often than usual. I've been putting in lots of hours on the bag. Pushing myself to do everything faster, and harder.

It sounds crazy, but sometimes it almost feels like an out-of-body experience. Like I'm watching my arms go faster than ever, throwing in complicated moves, and never missing a beat. I'm not hitting like that consistantly, but there's those moments.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...