• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
    You haven't truly bagged unless you been bopped in the nose by the bag. And, ATC, I have hit myself in the throat more than once after an errant rear punch.
    Yep, get those Reverse Single Punches going a little too fast, miss the bag or slip off the bottom portion, and smack yourself mid neck or sternum.

How about the "Double hit"

Pass both fists through the bag, front to back, leaning in on the movement, Come back hard with a single Reverse Single Punch a smidge early in the rebound, the Reverse Punch connects weakly, and bag smashes your nose, while the fist keeps going and smacks you in the chest. Double hit.

I admit to more than a few times when hitting to fast music.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

AK, would that be considered an advanced hit? - getting hit in the nose, then the throat, with 1 rebound in between.
      Last edited by Biff; 01-12-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• AtTheCross
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Yep, get those Reverse Single Punches going a little too fast, miss the bag or slip off the bottom portion, and smack yourself mid neck or sternum.

How about the "Double hit"

Pass both fists through the bag, front to back, leaning in on the movement, Come back hard with a single Reverse Single Punch a smidge early in the rebound, the Reverse Punch connects weakly, and bag smashes your nose, while the fist keeps going and smacks you in the chest. Double hit.

I admit to more than a few times when hitting to fast music.
        I've been fortunate to not have mastered that move yet!
        1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
        Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
        DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
        Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
        Retired Bags:
        Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          AK, would that be considered an advanced hit? - getting hit in the nose, then the throat, with 1 rebound in between.
          Why yes, yes it would.

Reverse Single Punch (RSP), Front Nose Strike (FNS), Front Throat Punch (FTP)

RSP ' FNS - FTP. (* there is no rebound between the Nose Strike and Throat Punch, for the both happen after the same one rebound. That is what makes it so advanced. Two separate hits after one rebound to different parts of the body. Only a truly skilled bagger can pull this off.

(** the Front Throat Punch (FTP) might actually a Front Chest Strike (FCS) if the fist hits lower on the chest. You might say this should be a Ffront Chest Punch which is more correct since the fist hits the chest, however the abbreviation for that would be a FCP and that already indicates a Front Circle Punch, so it would be confusing.)

For the Record, The Front Nose Strike and Front Throat Punch or Chest Strike are not techniques I recommend or teach on purpose. You will probably experience them on your own, and Use them at your own discression.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
            Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Why yes, yes it would.

Reverse Single Punch (RSP), Front Nose Strike (FNS), Front Throat Punch (FTP)

RSP ' FNS - FTP. (* there is no rebound between the Nose Strike and Throat Punch, for the both happen after the same one rebound. That is what makes it so advanced. Two separate hits after one rebound to different parts of the body. Only a truly skilled bagger can pull this off.

(** the Front Throat Punch (FTP) might actually a Front Chest Strike (FCS) if the fist hits lower on the chest. You might say this should be a Ffront Chest Punch which is more correct since the fist hits the chest, however the abbreviation for that would be a FCP and that already indicates a Front Circle Punch, so it would be confusing.)

For the Record, The Front Nose Strike and Front Throat Punch or Chest Strike are not techniques I recommend or teach on purpose. You will probably experience them on your own, and Use them at your own discression.
            Theres gonna be internet lurkers reading this & actually think about practicing it....haha
            evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• G-Town
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Spreading the Love

My man 'Jumpcannon' known to me as "JUMP" How are you doing? or is Dew? You my friend, are a special gift, by creating the Evil one. It's always nice to know a person of your caliber is in the Forums corner.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                Theres gonna be internet lurkers reading this & actually think about practicing it....haha
                Yep, probably see Steve-o them in the next "Jackass" movie series.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
                  Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
                  My man 'Jumpcannon' known to me as "JUMP" How are you doing? or is Dew? You my friend, are a special gift, by creating the Evil one. It's always nice to know a person of your caliber is in the Forums corner.
                  Doing well. How bout yourself?
                  evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...