• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chumbucket
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2007

grant campeon bag

Thanks for posting the video. I just ordered "grant campeon bag" off of ringside it should be here by thurs. Has anyone used this particular bag? I tried to get the ringside version but they are back ordered until the end of Sept!
    At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by chumbucket View Post
      Thanks for posting the video. I just ordered "grant campeon bag" off of ringside it should be here by thurs. Has anyone used this particular bag? I tried to get the ringside version but they are back ordered until the end of Sept!
      http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25895

Yep, I had one, and just sent it off to someone. If you got the small, it's probably the smallest bag I've ever seen. 6x4, thin. Noticeably smaller than the smallest top contender. It hits very OK (fast), but because the one I had was SOoo small I really didn't enjoy hitting it. I use a lot of Downward Elbow Strikes and there just didn't seem to be enough room to get the Downward Elbow into the Bag Belly, since it is so close to the board. I kept it for a few years, and just recently gave it away. ( ...but I have a feeling you may be seeing it soon. )
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• chumbucket
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2007

I ordered the medium 7x9. After reading your comment I am glad I didn't get the small!

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by MelloYello
          Now that is a useful vid, could save a lot of folks a lot of time (and $) by actually seeing the bags in action.

One thing I noticed that I liked was the Top Contender 7x4, it seemed to have a really nice smooth rebound along with an appropriate size (just a tad smaller than a 5x8 but not too small like a 6x4), I may have to pick up one of those.
          I LOVE that bag. Light weight (will feel like punching air compared to most other bags - if I recall it's only about 4.5 oz compared to 8 oz for a 10x7), nice size, and is real easy on the hands. Plus affordable

They've changed up the look a bit, but this is the same model:

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

Ringside currently only has small (8x5) and medium (9x6) size options under the "select size" drop box. Wonder if they will have the extra small in the future?

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

I finally checked out the vid Tim. Impressive collection of bags, I really do dig your setup. How long did it take you to make again? Right now I only have the Title 7x10 and 5x8. I'm still trying to get better with the 7x10. I keep reading about how great the ProMex bags are. maybe one ay I'l save up the cash to get one a nd try it out
              sigpic

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                I finally checked out the vid Tim. Impressive collection of bags, I really do dig your setup. How long did it take you to make again?
                Hard to say, it started simple and ended up complex (Stereo & speakers, shelves, etc.). The basic frame could be put together in a few hours.

Latest pics are here: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Hard to say, it started simple and ended up complex (Stereo & speakers, shelves, etc.). The basic frame could be put together in a few hours.

Latest pics are here: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3
                  Now that's a cage baggers dream! Grown a bit since I saw it last...
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...