X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AugustChief
    • Dec 2012

Vertical Drum install

Picked up a 24" drum of laminated pine table top, approximately 1" thick. Pre drilled holes for swivel and used a forstner bit to recess four stud holes for the inevitable 5/16" hex lagging bolts 3" in length.

Sanded, applied three coats of honey pine stain and three clear coats to protect and extend the life of the wood.
    Embedded the word "DISCIPLINE" over several clear coats.

Waiting for Evil swivel and BALAZS Ultra-Pro Lazer Speed Bag - Large. I'll update post with install upon receipt.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Aye, Augustchief, A studly drum you be making thar! Fittin for any pirates lair..
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
      • Jan 2012

That's a sweet drum!

Did you leave room for the washer and ratchet socket in the countersunk holes? It's a PITA to make them bigger without skating all over the drum w/out a press. Ask me how I know. lol

Looking forward to the finished pics.

Comment

• AugustChief
        • Dec 2012

Ahoy & thanks, I don't have too many doubloons nor pieces of eight lying around, I may not be an experienced seadog (speedbagger), but I figure laminated pine be a good Ole plank as any for vertical mount.

Yes, countersunk holes correlate to washer and socket accessibility.
        Last edited by AugustChief; 01-06-2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• jaboutt
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2014

Where did you get the table top?

I'd like to do a similar set up

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

Thats exactly what I made mine out of. I was in too big a hurry to get it up and use it, so I didn't finish mine like you did. The local building supply had these precut so it was nice not to have to do anything but hang it. They also had plywood rounds the same size so I put that on first just to make it a thicker platform. After seeing how nice your's came out I may take it down this spring and refinish it. Thanks for the inspiration.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...