• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Swivel Wallpapers

If you're as Crazy about ball hook swivels as i am, you may enjoy some good photos of some GREAT Swivs.

Here are a couple of photos i took of two of my Swivels. These photos turned out okay, maybe Wallpaper worthy. (i have swivel, and speed bag pics on my desktop a lot of the time)

The first is of the Deville A-51 Custom Ball Hook Swivel

The second photo is of the Everlast Metal Ball Hook Swivel

These Swivels are Incredible!

By the Way...
    If you DON'T have a Deville Swivel yet... GET TWO! NOW! I tear my Deville Swivels up every single day. All Speed Bag Lovers Should Experience The Smooth, Free Movement of these Swivels.

More to Come...

jumpcannon. I have a photo shoot scheduled for your Killer Steel Powermill EVIL Swivels. I also plan on tearin' the Powermill swivel up good, and showing it who's boss. HeHe
    Attached Files
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Thanks!

Hey, ebo, thanks so much for the positive feedback on the Deville swivels. I'm also enjoying all of the YT videos you have posted. BTW, last week I just mailed off a Double Order for the A-51. Keep on spreadin' the word, speed bag brother.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

It's my pleasure. I Love these swivs.

That person was very wise to order Two Swivels. A person can't just have one. I need to have at least Two of every great swivel.
      If you can get it, get it now.

Take Care Ms D.
      Say Hi to Raul for me. He's doin' a great Job with these swivels.

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      Hey, ebo, thanks so much for the positive feedback on the Deville swivels. I'm also enjoying all of the YT videos you have posted. BTW, last week I just mailed off a Double Order for the A-51. Keep on spreadin' the word, speed bag brother.

Comment

• Randolph
        • May 2012

That Everlast Swivel is like what we used to have in the U.S. Army Gym, but the Deville looks like it would be even smoother with less friction being it is not metal on metal, regardless of graphite lubrication on the full metal Everlast, but is the difference even detectable?
        By the way REALLY NICE PICTURES !
        Randolph
        Randolph Leslie Smith
        Washington State Licensed Real Estate Broker
        Learned Speed Bag fundamentals in 1973

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

Friction

If all the moving parts are highly polished and Clean, metal on metal is Very smooth, and fast. And if you keep the parts clean of any grit, the steel moving parts will polish each other, to a certain point. Use a Good LUBE for steel on steel, on all the contact points, even the point between the eyelet, and S-Hook.

In the case of the Plastic everlast base with a smooth steel ball in the housing, the steel seems to break down the plastic of the Everlast base a little bit. It seems the plastic used in the Everlast base is more grainy or gritty. So i have found that it doesn't ever get polished smooth enough for my taste. The grains of the plastic just break down slowly. If you put your ear to the swivel and move the ball around you can hear the gritty sandpaper sound coming from the plastic base of the everlast. (there will be some sound from the friction) I could never get a really smooth movement out of the everlast plastic base. It is still a good Swiv though, and i use it a lot.

Oddly enough, the white nylon ball that comes with the everlast plastic base seems to move a little smoother for me than the steel ball. Unless you put oil, lube on the plastic parts. In that case after a while the lube starts to break down the plastic slightly, and you have another gritty mess. keep it dry and clean and it moves pretty good.

For some reason the material that the Deville Swivel bases are made of don't seem to have this gritty problem. Once the brass ball seats it's self in that white base, it just seems to get smoother the more it's used.
          I take the Deville A-51 apart from time to time, and when i look in at the little area where the brass ball rides in the white base, it shines like glass. So this material just polishes really well i guess. which makes for a really smooth action.

Bag On

Originally posted by Randolph View Post
          That Everlast Swivel is like what we used to have in the U.S. Army Gym, but the Deville looks like it would be even smoother with less friction being it is not metal on metal, regardless of graphite lubrication on the full metal Everlast, but is the difference even detectable?
          By the way REALLY NICE PICTURES !
          Randolph
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ebozyn; 05-25-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

A-51

Another A-51 Pic, + Others.

These photos have no editing, other than to resize them for uploading. Now that i look at the Deville pic, it may have needed a bit more light. Hmmmm...? Maybe Not.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ebozyn; 03-18-2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• doss darwin
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
              Another A-51 Pic, + Others.

These photos have no editing, other than to resize them for uploading. Now that i look at the Deville pic, it may have needed a bit more light. Hmmmm...? Maybe Not.
              the deville pic could also use a #13--i don't have any other ball to compare it to--i had only hit an everlast chain until i got mine--i really like it and look forward to one of jumpcannon's next as i was advised that it makes more noise--dd
              the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by doss darwin View Post
                ...i really like it and look forward to one of jumpcannon's next as i was advised that it makes more noise--dd
                The noise level will depend on the drum it's attached to. It has a nice sound, but if you need noise reduction just isolate it a bit with rubber gasketing between the drum and the swivel base. Possibly you could use rubber washers at the screw holes for full isolation mode, never tried it nor thought it was necessary. It's a great swivel.

Comment

• doss darwin
                  • Dec 2012

noise

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  The noise level will depend on the drum it's attached to. It has a nice sound, but if you need noise reduction just isolate it a bit with rubber gasketing between the drum and the swivel base. Possibly you could use rubber washers at the screw holes for full isolation mode, never tried it nor thought it was necessary. It's a great swivel.
                  would rather hear of a way to amplify the noise--dd

Comment

• paranday
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Sep 2009

Loud pipes save lives...

Comment

• doss darwin
                      • Dec 2012

pipes

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                      Loud pipes save lives...
                      they have saved mine(you can hear my buell for a couple miles on a clear night)--the more noise the better for me--make lots dd

Comment

• paranday
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2009

dd

I misunderstood previously, thought you were concerned the Powermill was too loud. You'll like the sound just fine.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...