• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaunx
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

Another Video of Shaunx

Still practicing on the linking......have to get those little bloopers out.
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

nice man...overnight improvement...your single fist linking at the beginning looks great: no elbow movement...your double linking wasn't as pretty but it takes little longer...keep it up, man!!

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yep, that's great progress. The linking front to back is much improved.

You must be right handed? You favor the right hand a little bit. It's good to try to keep the right and left even.

Great job.

Comment

• shaunx
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2007

hey

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
        nice man...overnight improvement...your single fist linking at the beginning looks great: no elbow movement...your double linking wasn't as pretty but it takes little longer...keep it up, man!!
        How do you suppose to do the double movement?

Comment

• BillyMack
          • Sep 2006

#1 keep practicing...it looks like you lean to the side to do the double because you anticipate the bag hitting your face - which it will. There isn't a lot of room for error so you have to time it just right and hit the bag at the proper point it it's arc, which for me is right when the bag is coming off the board.

#2 try it on a smaller bag, I think it's easier to get the feel for it this way...

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
            #1 keep practicing...it looks like you lean to the side to do the double because you anticipate the bag hitting your face - which it will. There isn't a lot of room for error so you have to time it just right and hit the bag at the proper point it it's arc, which for me is right when the bag is coming off the board.

#2 try it on a smaller bag, I think it's easier to get the feel for it this way...
            #3. Move closer to the bag (lose the hat, for the bill will be in the way...). When you link both fists, I noticed you are really reaching to get behind the bag and your arms are at near full extension, then your pulling them both back. You won't have to emphasize your arm reach IF you move closer to the bag. You're elbows should have a good deal of "bend" in them left with your fists behind the bag. I notice on your single fist circle punching you have a lot of room between the front rebound contact point and your head. Your linking, particularly both fists, will be easier if you're closer.

You're single fist link IS very much improved.

I do love a guy who will practice.....
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...