Alan and speedbaggers, here is my platform (homemade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gil
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2011

Alan and speedbaggers, here is my platform (homemade)

I did post this on another forum, but it probably got lost in the mix. Just wanted to share this with everyone.

Since we live in a townhouse, both space and mounting options in our garage are very limited. Given this, a freestanding unit was the most practical choice after much brainstorming. Also since our neighbor next door turned his lower level into an apartment, I want to keep the peace by not shaking the walls at 0 dark thirty when I train. I did consider hanging a platform from the same rafters, but did not want to take a chance. I did mount my pullup bar into the ceiling rafters and it works great.

I built the unit it mostly out of scrap wood, with the exception of the support post (6x6) and rebound board. I also had a heavy bag, so I went ahead and made a sturdy hanger for it. Bagwise, I have the gold and black Title and the black 7x10 with red trim. The little title bag hanging on the side has since been converted into a double end bag since it was too small for me to start out with. The big title bag is excellent for those like me who are getting bag into the speedbag or starting out.

At some point in the future I want to purcahse a Reyes speedbag and hang a Muay Thai bag. So far, it's working great. I also placed casters on the bottom for easy mobility. When I am not using it, the cats, (not pictured) sometimes will camp out on the platform. However, when "dad" begins bagging, that ends real soon, lol.

Will post some vids soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gil; 04-19-2012, 11:47 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks like a very efficient setup. I'm thinking that 11x8 Black and gold Title Speedbag comes just to the end of your rebound board?
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• gil
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Looks like a very efficient setup. I'm thinking that 11x8 Black and gold Title Speedbag comes just to the end of your rebound board?
      Thanks, Alan! Yes, it comes to the end, but no overlap. The board is 24". I may also get one of Ms. Deville's swivels later on.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...