• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

Mother of all Speed Bag Platforms

Finally finished her this afternoon. Check the pics:

Here's a quick video walkthrough:

Here is my idea of a dream platform:-ceiling mounted-360 degree accessible-height adjustable-36" diameter board-2" thick solid wood boardDesigned this myself...

And me taking a whack:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Clint
    • Apr 2007

Hell of a rig Billy. Have fun.

Comment

• SupergeZ
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2007

what a BEAST! that platform is sick man, awesome design! cant wait to see you rip it up with some sick combo's!

what kind of gloves are you using on the last video buddy?

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

How tight are the pipes, that is, how much clearance is there between the pipes? Does it make a lot of noise with the pipes banging?

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

very nice !! I like the pulley system !!
          but with the four upright supports.... don't they cause a little vibration since the pipe that fits inside of them is not completely tight ...you know what I mean ? or does it still hold pretty steady ?

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
            Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

like the noah of speed bag platform

dang. thats a nasty platform. i BS u not i was thinkin of using a table like that at one time but was never able to get mine to stay on the ceiling. this is sipmly a master of art in platforms. Great set up. now start hittin the combos up!

Comment

• BillyMack
              • Sep 2006

Thanks, guys! So far the pipes have not been a problem; there are springs in each pipe which push down on the platform, but I think the weight of the whole thing keeps it very steady. I haven't heard any banging pipes.

I still need to work with the pulley system - it takes all of my weight to pull the thing down, which is good for sturdiness bit it is a bit difficult to make adjustments by myself

Once I get it tweaked the combos will start flying.

In that video I'm wearing mountain biking gloves. I have to wear gloves to pull on the cable so I already had them on when I took that video...

Thanks again...

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

You'll have to lengthen the cable to do this, but you could set up a block and tackle system in your cables to relieve some of the weight for adjusting it. Just making one loop will cut the weight in half. Of course more pulleys make it even lighter. You could conceivably make it so you could make the changes with one hand.

Comment

• jaguiler
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2007

make it fancier....go to Harbor FReight and pick up a cheap electric winch....
                  then with a push of a button you can have the platform at any height you like

Comment

• BillyMack
                    • Sep 2006

hmmmm....electric winch...now you're talking...

I need more details....would that be easy to mount? would i have to replace all of my cable or just connect that to the end?

If I got a model like this, how would I hook it up? I have a little battery charger for my scooters that I think is 12V, would this work?

I like this one, and for $60 it's quite doable...

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Thanks, jag..that's a great idea...

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL, Billy.

There is an unbelievable amount of woodworking and design talent on this board.

(Not to shabby on baggers either..)
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                        Speed Bag Historian
                        • Jun 2006

Electric Winch! Heck just use and old fashion hand crank winch like they used to use to haul boats out the water onto thr trailer.
                        Like these http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?pagenum=1388

Comment

• jaguiler
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2007

I think with your inguenuity youwill figure it - but yes that is the right winch to use....

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                            Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

yall are crazy lol

This will be a crazy set up. after its all done i think im goin with billy on this one and id hook it up electronicaly. but thats just me. One more very cool idea but would be hard, is it when it went from up to down it spiraled like rotated up and down. be like a midevil speed bag platform.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Mar 2007

i think you should replace the 4 steel posts with hydrolic arms, and make the platform pump up and down when your hitting it, would require so much skill to hit!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...