• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juxt
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

speedBAG2011 part 3

i think i have enough footage for a part 4 too.
    Also footage of me,g-town, and donnie at real gymm on saturday. it was a lot of fun. wait til you see the doorboard verticle platform
  • G-Town
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

SB Sickness!

The verticle "door board" what a lot of fun... I hope to post off my camera today. Thanks Donnie you are SB heaven, and all of us from the forum, will see you soon.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
      • Jan 2012

Thanks for the videos!

What camera did you use for your Speedbag 2011 series? I'm experimenting with a few higher-end consumer Xmas leftovers, and I'm getting the feeling that a simple pocket camera is just fine.

I'd like something that can record well in meduim-to-low indoor light with good sound attenuation, that I can pop the card out of without taking it off the tripod or unscrewing the shoe, with a 4:3 movie aspect ratio.

If it makes me dinner and cuddles afterwards, all the better.

Comment

• juxt
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

i used a flip camera

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I have a couple of Flip cameras (I think Juxt and I have the same white model). I really like the compactness of them and the incredible ease of uploading the footage to the computer – with the push of a button on the camera, a USB plug pops out and is easily inserted to your laptop/computer. And they are HD and some models can record up to 2 hours of video. I found myself at SB I and SB II shooting as much video as possible and I STILL had plenty of recording time at the end of the weekend since most of the clips are only 3-5 minutes in length. I think they have discontinued this camera, but it can still be purchased. You should check them out on Amazon, PunchDrummer. They're very affordable.

BTW, this is a great clip of SB II, Justin, showcasing some of the best baggers in the WORLD! – Alan, Tim, Skunk, Novaspeedbagger and TommyT, with his spins. I wish I could bring an "assistant" next time so I can get twice as much footage filmed. I left a tripod with Donnie, and will probably bring another one this year. This way, I can do like Tim, and simply let the camera run from the tripod and then go through and edit it later. After all, one can NEVER get enough viewing of speed bagging.

Thanks for posting this Juxt.

With this said, I now have my sights on a GoPro. They look pretty awesome. They seem to make every move you make look spectacular.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            I have a couple of Flip cameras (I think Juxt and I have the same white model). I really like the compactness of them and the incredible ease of uploading the footage to the computer – with the push of a button on the camera, a USB plug pops out and is easily inserted to your laptop/computer. And they are HD and some models can record up to 2 hours of video. I found myself at SB I and SB II shooting as much video as possible and I STILL had plenty of recording time at the end of the weekend since most of the clips are only 3-5 minutes in length. I think they have discontinued this camera, but it can still be purchased. You should check them out on Amazon, PunchDrummer. They're very affordable.

BTW, this is a great clip of SB II, Justin, showcasing some of the best baggers in the WORLD! – Alan, Tim, Skunk, Novaspeedbagger and TommyT, with his spins. I wish I could bring an "assistant" next time so I can get twice as much footage filmed. I left a tripod with Donnie, and will probably bring another one this year. This way, I can do like Tim, and simply let the camera run from the tripod and then go through and edit it later. After all, one can NEVER get enough viewing of speed bagging.

Thanks for posting this Juxt.

With this said, I now have my sights on a GoPro. They look pretty awesome. They seem to make every move you make look spectacular.
            I have a GoPro camera. NOT the HD version, but the older one. Really nice video for POV stuff.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
              • Jan 2012

Thank you for the info Dee.
              I'll take a look at the Flips. The videos are great, and they sound good too!

The GoPro is pretty cool - and it looks really funny strapped to your forehead. It's a heavy fisheye with two FOV options - wide and medium, and a few quality settings. I can't see the tiny display without giving myself a headache, so most of the defaults are just fine. lol IMHO, fast closeup bagging comes across a little overwhelming and you can't really see what's happening. It's great for the music you seem to like - but you need to stand still, and that's hard when you just want to dance around with it. Not sure if I'll keep it - it's a novel (and expensive) look for bagging, but the novelty for the viewer might wear off after one or two videos.

I was told that all of this was captured with a GoPro. I'm don't think so, but it's a great video. Still gives me goosebumps:
              Looks like one of those new EverLast yellow bladders being kicked around at 3:30.
              Makes you want to go out and play!

Have a great weekend folks.

Kevin
              PunchDrummer
              Last edited by PunchDrummer; 02-03-2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
                Thank you for the info Dee.
                I'll take a look at the Flips. The videos are great, and they sound good too!

The GoPro is pretty cool - and it looks really funny strapped to your forehead. It's a heavy fisheye with two FOV options - wide and medium, and a few quality settings. I can't see the tiny display without giving myself a headache, so most of the defaults are just fine. lol IMHO, fast closeup bagging comes across a little overwhelming and you can't really see what's happening. It's great for the music you seem to like - but you need to stand still, and that's hard when you just want to dance around with it. Not sure if I'll keep it - it's a novel (and expensive) look for bagging, but the novelty for the viewer might wear off after one or two videos.

I was told that all of this was captured with a GoPro. I'm don't think so, but it's a great video. Still gives me goosebumps:
                Looks like one of those new EverLast yellow bladders being kicked around at 3:30.
                Makes you want to go out and play!

Have a great weekend folks.

Kevin
                PunchDrummer
                This is truly an amazing video, displaying unreal human spirit, physical talent and a fair amount of "Cojones. No nets on these falls.

Great video
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
                  Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Skills!

Alan - All metal "cojones" what a nice clip.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...