• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

1st video

check this out guys, pretty crap really, no amazing combo busters or anything... jsut me having a go on the bag with my new handwraps...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

i must admit i didnt really feel i had as much controle over the bag hitting with the handwraps as i did without them, but i had a go, tell me what you think

p.s i dont have a head like E.T jsut a dodgey reflection off the glass in the background lol
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

looks like ur board is shaking alot. do u got sand on there?
    ________
    Hyde Park Residence
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• SupergeZ
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2007

its shaky coz its a cheapto crappy setup lol, the mount is poor, the board is poor, and i got 15kg's on it... any more and the drum would fall off lmao... econemy setup is an understatement

but its done me well so far, got me really into bagging, and ill be making a new rock solid setup when i finish college in a months time

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

ya good idea because that looks like i would really restrict your speed
        ________
        Live Sex Webshows
        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
          its shaky coz its a cheapto crappy setup lol, the mount is poor, the board is poor, and i got 15kg's on it... any more and the drum would fall off lmao... econemy setup is an understatement

but its done me well so far, got me really into bagging, and ill be making a new rock solid setup when i finish college in a months time

Looks pretty good man. Especially the single elbows towards the end. In the future you may want to move the camera back a bit so we can see your shoulders, that can help when critiquing (Although maybe you don't want your face on camera? - I was nervous about that at first)

The only tip I can offer at this point is try to minimize hand movement - the less your hands move, the faster you'll be. You've got a pretty big circle going on your FCP (Front Circle Punch). Try to keep that to a minimum and you'll be hitting faster.

And don't let the quality of your platform hold you back ... you can make a HUGE amount of progress on that setup before you out-grow it.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            And don't let the quality of your platform hold you back ... you can make a HUGE amount of progress on that setup before you out-grow it.
            and to minimize the shaking use the smallest and lightest bag you can get away with ... less momentum = less shake. an 8x5 isn't really that hard to hit IMO, even for a beginner.

Comment

• SupergeZ
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2007

heh thanks tim, the camera was nearly against the wall, coz ive got my computer squished in the corner and had to use my webcam to record, which has a very narrow lense

ill get a better recording up soon with a few more edvanced combos going on, and ill try and get myself in the shot next time lol. i can hit alot better w/o the handwraps, but my hands were getting abit battered so though id try them

the handwraps are great for when im using the bag for a workout as they protect the side of my hand and nuckles from the impact, but their not very good when im trying to hit combo's, dont have as much control over the bag

by the way the bags some generic 9x6... i find it a little big tbh, think id prefer the next size down... i was under the impression this was quite a large bag untill i got the tape measure out lol

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

The only thing that I notice that you probably want to nip in the bud is you're dropping your hands downward many times after you hit the bag.

After you hit the bag, you want to bring your hands back up near your chin. Like Tim said, if you minimize your movements, it will be less of an issue also.

You'll soon find that you can go faster by minimizing your movements instead of hitting harder with larger movements.

You can actually do the front circle punch by moving your hands in about an 8 inch or less circle. Notice that your movements appear to be in about a 2 foot circle. Not only is it taking more effort, it's slowing you down.

Keep at it and don't get discouraged. Sometimes you have an off day and some days it will seem like you can do no wrong.

Chris

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Gotta say the group has pretty much said what I think. You are mostly "arm swinging" up and down, and kind of mis-hitting a bit. I mean your hands appear and sound to slip off the bag slightly in a weak contact, and I think that is because your arm motion makes your fist hit in a very downward arc, causing them to "rake" down the front of the bag. You're doing this inconsistently, for every few punches sound pretty clean, but the downward "inverted egg" swing will rob you of speed and that really sweet fist contact that adds both speed and control. Try to swing a bit smaller and "flatter", meaning a shallow oval from chin to bag.

That said, I really like the cool ( and difficult..) 8-9 punch single fist advanced punching combo's as well as the Front Fist Rolling
                  (F-Roll) with the Downward Double Elbows (D-DES) thrown in. Actually quite impressive and with speed I guarentee it will draw a crowd. It is a difficult combination, done pretty cleaner in your video. Good job.

and Tim is correct. Don't be too quick to blame any perceived lack of progress on that shaky speed bag wall unit. It will definitely hold down your speed (later), but to a beginner who cannot control repetitive punching power yet, the slower bag is probably helpful. Control is the key, and hitting slower, even on a shaky board, helps build control.
                  Last edited by Speedbag; 04-24-2007, 05:13 PM.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SupergeZ
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2007

thanks for the advice guys, its really gona help me improve in the next day or so! granted i was using fairly thick handwraps which i felt didnt give me half as much controle as bare hands but i can see where im going wrong now after reading your coments and watching the video back. ill do a new video in a few days w/o the wraps and see if you think ive improved, ill take your hand position advice and decrease the size of the punching circle on board and see how i get on

thanks for watching and giving me some great tips and encouragement! much apreciated

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...