• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GHAJNASR
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2011

Thank you Mr Kahn !

I have been doing MA for over 30 YRS but never thought that the speed bag went beyond the boxing drills .I only did basic 1-2 hits. I was searching for a better Bag and came across Mr. Alan Khan I was very impressed and was very motivated to do it .I Purchased the speed bag bible 3 weeks ago and have been watching it over and over I have put in about 10 hrs of practice .The DVDs/Book were so well explained I never thought it was going to be possible to learn some of the combos but Mr. Kahn explained everything step by step and was so easy to follow .Any extra help is greatly appreciated I just want to post here because I want to get better and show my appreciation to Mr. Khan and His speed Bag Bible.

Special thanks to skunk as well.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by GHAJNASR; 11-28-2011, 06:14 PM.
    Peace,Love,Speed bag.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by GHAJNASR View Post
    I have been doing MA for over 30 YRS but never thought that the speed bag went beyond the boxing drills .I only did basic 1-2 hits. I was searching for a better Bag and came across Mr. Alan Kahn I was very impressed and was very motivated to do it .I Purchased the speed bag bible 3 weeks ago and have been watching it over and over I have put in about 10 hrs of practice .The DVDs/Book were so well explained I never thought it was going to be possible to learn some of the combos but Mr. Kahn explained everything step by step and was so easy to follow .Any extra help is greatly appreciated I just want to post here because I want to get better and show my appreciation to Mr. Kahn and His speed Bag Bible.

Special thanks to skunk as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upx0rf8M3_8
    thanks GHAJNASR. I appreciate that. You've made amazing progess for only three weeks!

Here is another book I recomend.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 11-28-2011, 10:53 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Markus
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2011

Nice work Ghajnasr! Amazing progress for only 3 weeks. I have been at it for only a couple weeks longer and your progress certainly is moving along faster. Nice work linking all of those moves together and keeping a very steady tempo throughout. Look forward to watching you progress in more videos to come.

Comment

• GHAJNASR
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2011

I am trying my best thank you for the nice comments.

New Vid.

I have been practicing but I'm running into some bag problems with the medium size everlast bags . I purchased this Small bag but it's flat on one side i am trying to use my Chee not to loose it lol.
        Last edited by GHAJNASR; 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM.
        Peace,Love,Speed bag.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

I am trying my best thank you for the nice comments.

New Vid.

I have been practicing but I'm running into some bag problems with the medium size everlast bags . I purchased this Small bag but it's flat on one side i am trying to use my Chee not to loose it lol.
          Very good progress, Sifu! You've making great strides in skills and speed. Looks like you have good control and consistency of movement and punching force. I like the upper arm angles on your circle punches. Now straight alignment for linking through the bag.

Maybe it's me, but it seems like you are "trying to go fast" and looks like your punching is a bit tense at times, as if trying to force the bag speed. As I watch this a few times it might also be that swivel, which just seems loose or wobbly. If you mis hit just slightly off the bag center it will turn that u-bolt off center a bit and change the rebound angle.

That bag doesn't seem to "punch flat" to me. Seems like you have it going pretty well. (also...maybe not drop the non-punching hand down quite so low)
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• GHAJNASR
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2011

Hello Mr. Khan, Thank you for the pointers. My platform is not very solid it does feels very hollow not so solid .It is Amazing that you can tell that just from the sound..I tried to weigh it down but still not very solid. I asked Santa for a new one lol. The bag that I'm working on is not perfectly shaped .You are right I am still tense I need to FEEL the bag like you do .Lol Hopefully by the time I meet you next summer I will be somewhat ready .I have lots of work still.
            Peace,Love,Speed bag.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Hello Mr. Khan, Thank you for the pointers. My platform is not very solid it does feels very hollow not so solid .It is Amazing that you can tell that just from the sound..I tried to weigh it down but still not very solid. I asked Santa for a new one lol. The bag that I'm working on is not perfectly shaped .You are right I am still tense I need to FEEL the bag like you do .Lol Hopefully by the time I meet you next summer I will be somewhat ready .I have lots of work still.
              I didn't comment about your board previously but it does sound a bit wobbly as if it's struggle to hold still. Add that in with the wobbly swivel and it's no wonder the bag speed is not reflecting your power. I respectfully suggest you "splurge" and get yourself an I-Box speed bag board It's an awesome setup for the price and has proven itself many times over at the speed bag gatherings in New Jersey.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• GHAJNASR
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Nov 2011

I'm still at it and in the learning process!
                Santa was good to me and I got my platform .the bag is nice no problems at all but a bit heavy . I added the rear roll and side / front / downward elbow to my Routine following Mr Khans videos .I hope you like and please give me all the input you can I LOVE to learn and I have an "EMPTY CUP"

Last edited by GHAJNASR; 01-11-2012, 07:25 PM.
                Peace,Love,Speed bag.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...