• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

juan marquez pops a bag

Had to share this. Paquiao's next opponent. Want to get the Mayweather fight but finances say no.

Last edited by metaldad; 09-10-2011, 09:30 PM.
    sigpic
  • juxt
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

that speed bag looked screwed up from the begining. he was putting some power in those punches and it didnt look like it bounced back right. probably replaced the bladder with something that would pop more easily. just a theory lol

Comment

• Stubby Holders
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2011

Let see who has the fastest punch. I'll go for Paquiao.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by juxt View Post
        that speed bag looked screwed up from the begining. he was putting some power in those punches and it didnt look like it bounced back right. probably replaced the bladder with something that would pop more easily. just a theory lol
        Wonder if they replace his opponents cuz he's been knockin' 'em out lol!

Originally posted by Stubby Holders View Post
        Let see who has the fastest punch. I'll go for Paquiao.
        Pacquaio's faster. Marquez us powerful and a distance fighter. Didn't he fight Mayweather last year?
        sigpic

Comment

• ebolacereal
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2011

Mayweather vs Marquez was 2009. Looks like Marquez wasn't the same fighter at welterweight. Pacquiao will have no problem putting him away this time.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
            saw a couple of vids of him popping the bags. it's funny cause that seems to be his goal to pop the bag. :-) ...ralph

Popping a speed bag allows looks impressive, but the only thing impressive to me in this video is the trapping (2 punches) at :06 & :07. The "pop" comes at :19 from a hard driving right punch that compresses the bag on the board. A hard punch too be sure but I think the secret to this is where he hit it. Notice his hand makes contact on the bag just near the top of the bag, (not the belly) and pressed it hard against the board. I'm betting this compressed the bladder at it's thinnest area around the top and separated the bladder seam around the top of the bag. In a split second that bag is flat, indicating a massive, rapid blow out. That amount of air did not escaped via the bottom.

I'm betting that punch would not have blown out the bag had it been hit in the belly.

JMO
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Heppsan
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Popping a speed bag allows looks impressive, but the only thing impressive to me in this video is the trapping (2 punches) at :06 & :07. The "pop" comes at :19 from a hard driving right punch that compresses the bag on the board. A hard punch too be sure but I think the secret to this is where he hit it. Notice his hand makes contact on the bag just near the top of the bag, (not the belly) and pressed it hard against the board. I'm betting this compressed the bladder at it's thinnest area around the top and separated the bladder seam around the top of the bag. In a split second that bag is flat, indicating a massive, rapid blow out. That amount of air did not escaped via the bottom.

I'm betting that punch would not have blown out the bag had it been hit in the belly.

JMO
              I agree.
              Would like to see him pop a bag without hitting it against the board!

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's bag abuse !!!!!!!

Also wanted to mention that popping a bag is somewhat impressive, but until you've seen the Speed Bag Skunk kill a SWIVEL... you ain't seen nothin' !

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                  haven't seen that one, What swivel did the skunk kill and is it on youtube ?...ralph
                  I don't know that it's ever been caught on video.... but he destroyed one of Deano's aussie swivels at SPEED B.A.G. 2010. I saw that personally with my own eyes. He also destroyed a plastic ball hook before his second fight, warming up. I didn't see that one, but he told me about it.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    I don't know that it's ever been caught on video.... but he destroyed one of Deano's aussie swivels at SPEED B.A.G. 2010. I saw that personally with my own eyes. He also destroyed a plastic ball hook before his second fight, warming up. I didn't see that one, but he told me about it.
                    I also saw Skunk destroy the Aussie Swivel. I know somebody got a clip of it, but not sure who.( They have wanted posters up for him all over the outback...)

I also destroy a plastic ballhook (well, "technically" the shank unscrewed out while punching. That was before I superglued it..)
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Heppsan View Post
                      I agree.
                      Would like to see him pop a bag without hitting it against the board!
                      Judging by the unreal size of your triceps and resultant "extension" strength of you punches, I imagine you could pop a bag yourself. I pity the bag that says "bring it on!" to you.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                        Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

PSSHHH!! lol

Yes this is BAG abuse lol. first thing i notice SPEDDBAG wise!! is that the bag is pretty flat, so hit punching it and popping it is not impressive to me. I have seen plenty of bags popped in my day. This was not a good display of much. Rather seen him doing mits or keeps a good speedbag rythm. but noooo. lol
                        Still a cool video..

As for the swivels broken YES!!!
                        SpeeBagSkunk has taken some swivels down a notch or 2

The plastic ball hook i have been punching so hard and long before that i ripped the white ball right out of the black plastic houseing. Which was awesome i might add.. I have also worn through many of metal swivels. As well as im still working on my appology letter the deano for breaking his swivel

Have everyone is doing great!! I miss all my fellow baggers!!

Im hardly ever on a computer so anyone is welcome to TEXT me or facebook me.
                        Zach Ruffo 386-867-0739

Yall keep it baggin!

BTW Olivia Mae Ruffo aka SpeedBagSkunkette says "HELLO"

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...