• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Two clips testing out new phone with hd camera

Upgraded my phone and got one with a better camera. Here's a ,couple of clips. It was 90degrees out and I wisely decided to bag in a garage with no ac or ventillation with the door closed....yep I lost some weight today folks! I'm always nervous when I record these things.......must be my "handsome" face

Last edited by metaldad; 07-12-2011, 11:42 AM. Reason: edit attachment text
    sigpic
  • hammer6384
    • Dec 2010

Dude camera is clear as a bell. Great baggin combos too!
    SpeedBag Hammer

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by hammer6384 View Post
      Dude camera is clear as a bell. Great baggin combos too!
      Thanks man! I just got the htc sensation 4g for t mobile. It's a pretty sweet phone. Has a 1080p video camera and a 800 megapixel camera. Uploads direct to youtube. It might not be an I phone but it's a damn good android device...DAMN GOOD! Lots more vis to come. Still learning the device. Just uploaded swype and been having fun figuring that out. Can't wait to upload more video. I have noticed that the videos tend to hiccup and go out of sync but maybe it's just me. Glad you liked it. I'm working on those miss hits. Hopefully not as many in my next video.
      Last edited by metaldad; 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM. Reason: Missing word
      sigpic

Comment

• reggabdeeps
        • Jun 2011

great vid and combo.

what bag are you using? platform seems a bit low, i usually set mine to where i can imagine a mans chin would be.. the arch of the bag around eye level.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by reggabdeeps View Post
          great vid and combo.

what bag are you using? platform seems a bit low, i usually set mine to where i can imagine a mans chin would be.. the arch of the bag around eye level.
          Thanks. It's an evrelast ta:s or 8x5. I usually keep my platform with the belly of the bag slightly below chin level. But I'm constantly messing with the board height. It must, be a comfort zone thing.
          sigpic

Comment

• REDMASTA
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by reggabdeeps View Post
            great vid and combo.

I keep my platform pretty much the same height as he does in the video. I find it much better for this style of hitting as you can punch straight through the bag.

Nice video metaldad you were really killing the bag in the one part.
            Last edited by REDMASTA; 07-19-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Nice MD!! sounds like a machine gun.....speed!

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by REDMASTA View Post
                I keep my platform pretty much the same height as he does in the video. I find it much better for this style of hitting as you can punch straight through the bag.

Nice video metaldad you were really killing the bag in the one part.
                Thanks REDMASTA. and you're right about the bag height. No matter how, many times I'll raise the platform, I always end up back at this height.

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Nice MD!! sounds like a machine gun.....speed!
                Thanks fingers. Now if I can consistently hit with no miss hits..............I'm going for human gatling gun.
                sigpic

Comment

• ebozyn
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Thanks. It's an evrelast ta:s or 8x5. I usually keep my platform with the belly of the bag slightly below chin level. But I'm constantly messing with the board height. It must, be a comfort zone thing.
                  Nice hittin' MD. Also, I like the height of your platform, it's pretty much the same as i have mine. about one hand thickness (palm, to backhand) between the platform, and my head. This height allows alot of freedom of motion, as far as elbows, and general movement. i used to have my platform too high, and i found myself leaning back, and reaching too much, and it was holding me back a bit.
                  anyway... i like the video, and the camera shoots pretty darn clear video.
                  keep on bagging MD

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
                    Nice hittin' MD. Also, I like the height of your platform, it's pretty much the same as i have mine. about one hand thickness (palm, to backhand) between the platform, and my head. This height allows alot of freedom of motion, as far as elbows, and general movement. i used to have my platform too high, and i found myself leaning back, and reaching too much, and it was holding me back a bit.
                    anyway... i like the video, and the camera shoots pretty darn clear video.
                    keep on bagging MD
                    Thanks! You wanna know something funny? I raised the platform yesterday and will probably lower it again. I did this for workout purposes. Yeah, I'll be lowering it again. I really need a second platform. This phone rocks! The camera it's unbelievably clear and during the web is fast as can be. Posting on the forum it's even improved. More videos to come.
                    sigpic

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2010

Solid Baggin!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                      Upgraded my phone and got one with a better camera. Here's a ,couple of clips. It was 90degrees out and I wisely decided to bag in a garage with no ac or ventillation with the door closed....yep I lost some weight today folks! I'm always nervous when I record these things.......must be my "handsome" face

Good clean hitting in both vids and that bag is pretty heavy, but your cutting through it with no problem. Great Job!!!

In the second vid I like the 3 punch reverse fist roll at 0:44! That's a move that adds a lot of flare to any bagging vid, so keep doing that at different times through a vid recording and try to throw it in to make the bag beat match a songs rhythm when you do some punch drumming. I find it helps alot, and you can also go right into a downward triple elbow strike out of it or, an outward double elbow is another way to add some flare when you come out of a rear fist roll!!!! Looking Good md and super High quality video from the new Phone

I'm working on throwing in a 4 way elbow followed up by an outward double elbow to a rear doulble punch to throw in while I'm hitting to music. Hopefully I be able to post a vid with that soon!

Nice shout out at the end and I do plan on seeing you and all the other baggers at Speed Bag III, June 21-24 at Donnie Blanks Real Gymm, Keport N.J.

Keep on Bagging and postin!
                      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• paranday
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                        Good clean hitting in both vids and that bag is pretty heavy, but your cutting through it with no problem.
                        Call him Mr. Locomotive.

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                          Good clean hitting in both vids and that bag is pretty heavy, but your cutting through it with no problem. Great Job!!!

In the second vid I like the 3 punch reverse fist roll at 0:44! That's a move that adds a lot of flare to any bagging vid, so keep doing that at different times through a vid recording and try to throw it in to make the bag beat match a songs rhythm when you do some punch drumming. I find it helps alot, and you can also go right into a downward triple elbow strike out of it or, an outward double elbow is another way to add some flare when you come out of a rear fist roll!!!! Looking Good md and super High quality video from the new Phone

I'm working on throwing in a 4 way elbow followed up by an outward double elbow to a rear doulble punch to throw in while I'm hitting to music. Hopefully I be able to post a vid with that soon!

Nice shout out at the end and I do plan on seeing you and all the other baggers at Speed Bag III, June 21-24 at Donnie Blanks Real Gymm, Keport N.J.

Keep on Bagging and postin!
                          Wow, thanks Kerry! I've also been working on the four rebound hitting and want to incorporate that into my next video. Still working on that............................

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                          Call him Mr. Locomotive.
                          Chugga chugga chugga b.........
                          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...