• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
    its great man, loving it, just need a new swivel coz the 1 it comes with sucks, was thinking of getting an everlast ball and hook swivel like youve got but finding it most difficult to find a uk supplier that sells them, but im gona keep looking and maybee contact some online stores to see if they are going to stock them any time soon.
    Keep trying ebay, sooner or later someone will list one from the UK.

Comment

• SupergeZ
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2007

what do you think of this bombay bad boy? less than a pound? will order if you guys think its alright? its the ball and hook one im on about

Newitts are a UK based online retailer of sports equipment, sportswear. Founded in 1902. Online since 1998. We ship world wide.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

what do you think of this bombay bad boy? less than a pound? will order if you guys think its alright? its the ball and hook one im on about

http://www.newitts.com/product/BX-64...8aw&WT.cms%3D1

I've never tried one, but speedbag (alan) says that they wear out pretty quickly and the ball falls through the retaining cup. I'd pass that one up because from what I hear, they're pretty cheaply made.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Chris M. is correct that I don't really recommend that style. The ones I've used are pretty soft metal and the housing around the ball bends as the shank hit it. Before long, the ball just falls out. But this brand looks slightly different than the ones I've use. Just don't expect much and you might not be disappointed.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SupergeZ
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2007

what swivel would you recoment then alan? i want 1 that is fairly fast, and that goes in all directions, the 1 i have atm only goes forward and back, not side to side.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

what swivel would you recoment then alan? i want 1 that is fairly fast, and that goes in all directions, the 1 i have atm only goes forward and back, not side to side.

Right now I have a plastic Ball hook from Everlast. I superglued the metal shank into the plastic ball. It works fine and was very quiet until recently when it has picked up a really annoying squeek that has defeated every attempt at silencing. Every type of oil and greasy covering has failed to stop the squeek. If It doesn't quit, I'm going back to one of my metal ballhooks. Those are about all I use, to be honest.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2007

Alan - I use something called Liquid Wrench on it - like a WD40 - but the problem is that for the first 10 minutes of hitting - it tends to get in your face a little - but it keeps the plastic ball quiet for a while, then reapply.
                Notice in the picture - the gray powder around the swivel on the platform...that's the lubricant that spryas out afer hitting it after just oiling it -

Last edited by jaguiler; 04-19-2007, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Chris M
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2006

I really like graphite because it's not as messy and it seems to last longer than any oils. Better yet, it doesn't attract dust.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
                    I really like graphite because it's not as messy and it seems to last longer than any oils. Better yet, it doesn't attract dust.

Graphite? how do you put it on the swivel? I've never used a graphite lubricant.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BillyMack
                      • Sep 2006

You've not lived until you've used graphite as a lubricant...

Man, they should make a teflon-coated ball/hook swivel...yumm

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
                        You've not lived until you've used graphite as a lubricant...

Man, they should make a teflon-coated ball/hook swivel...yumm
                        Thanks, man. Great Link. I'll get some tonight. I'll try anything to keep my ball bearings lubricated and moving.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

Used to use a dry lube called Tri-Flo quite a bit. It comes in an aerosol can, goes on wet and dries clean. For the purposes I was using it for it lasted for a fairly long time. How long it would last on a ball hook swivel I couldn't tell you.

Comment

• Chris M
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            Used to use a dry lube called Tri-Flo quite a bit. It comes in an aerosol can, goes on wet and dries clean. For the purposes I was using it for it lasted for a fairly long time. How long it would last on a ball hook swivel I couldn't tell you.
                            Hey I never thought of that. I use that stuff on my bicycle chains and it works great and doesn't attract dust and dirt like normal oil! You can buy those "dry" lubricants at any bike specialty store.

Alan, you can buy graphite at any hardware store. It comes in a little pen shaped thing that you squeeze for use in locks. Locksmiths also always have it too.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...