• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J102
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2011

Narragansett Manufacturing Platform

First time trying to upload pics. Hope I got it right.

Thought pictures of this old Narragansett Platform looked pretty neat so I'll try with these.
    This thing is a monster in weight. I think about 320# if I read it correctly somewhere in the forum.
    Very good condition. The adjustment wheel was brazed years ago. Otherwise I think everything is very good.

John
    Attached Files
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Do you own it? What's the diameter of the wooden drum?

Comment

• REDMASTA
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2011

Wow they don't make them like they used to. The drum on that thing is seriously thick

Comment

• J102
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jun 2011

Size

The platform measures 36" in diameter x 3.5" in thickness. The boards are 2" T&G oak flooring.

No it's not mine.
        It was in the PAL building years back, probably in the 1940's or 50's. Stayed there until about 1981 when the PAL building was taken down. It has been in the police departments gym since about 1981.

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

That's so cool...and I thought my old Spalding was heavy! It's nice to see these gems still in use.

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...