Speed bag newbie here saying hi with a video of my progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REDMASTA
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2011

Speed bag newbie here saying hi with a video of my progress!

Just wanted to say hi, this is a really great site! I've been lurking this forum for a while deciding what to get as my first speed bag and other general tips. I finally bought a heavy bag and speed bag combo stand a few weeks back. I live in an apartment so it was my only choice. I doubled up the drum and attached it to the vertical support with 4 heavy duty metal L-brackets, clamped the two vertical poles together and threw a 50lbs sand bag on top. The whole stand is also weighted down with 300lbs and it's fairly stable. It has a little vibration when you get going but it really isn't that bad much better than I had expected.

Being new to this I went with a 10 x 7 Title Gyro bag as many suggested a bigger bag for a beginner. To be honest I didn't really like this size, right off the bat it felt hard to get it moving quickly and it felt big when trying to learn linking, almost as if it got in the way of my hands. I would suggest if you are a quick learner start with a 9 x 6. I ended up ordering a Title Classic 9 x 6 a couple days later and got it the same week. This thing is TINY for a 9 x 6. I don't know what kind of measuring tape they use but it's closer to an 8 x 5. I was worried bout the size at first but got used to it right away, love how much easier it is to manipulate.

Anyway don't want to drag on so here is my first video. I've been bagging for just over 2 weeks in this video so my consistency isn't that good and I have a LOT to learn. One word of advice I can offer to people starting out is get Alan Kahn's Speed Bag Bible. You would be CRAZY not to use this guide when you begin it has helped me progress faster then I ever imagined. I'll post a better video up in the future once I get a little more experienced!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by REDMASTA; 06-24-2011, 07:34 PM.
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Good Start

Welcome to the forum! Nice job after only 2 weeks. Good split fists
    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks very good for what is shown. Good arm position and split fists combos.
      Good progress for a little time hitting.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Very nice!
        sigpic

Comment

• ExEODCDR
          • Apr 2011

Nice hitting!
          -
          Owner/Operator
          www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...