X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyMack
    • Sep 2006

Speed Bag Balance

It's always fun combining other activities with the speed bag. PVC pipe and a naked skateboard, it's harder than it looks...

Partly for fun and partly for rehab...I busted my ankle last October and am finally getting back to where I was before my accident. Forcing yourself to bala...
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

That's insane. Good job!

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

We're going to have to get you an agent and get you on Letterman

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
        It's always fun combining other activities with the speed bag. PVC pipe and a naked skateboard, it's harder than it looks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vxe-R5b_6s

Hey BM, The moment you thought of that is probably how I felt when I had a freestanding frame in the bedroom, adjusted very low for my wife, and I glanced over at the recumbent cycle and thought "hmm...."

I really like the little bunny hop at 27-28 seconds.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

very nice !!

Comment

• BillyMack
            • Sep 2006

Thanks guys! Ya, it was definitely a "hmmmmm" moment, I usually use the skateboard on an old rolling pin to work on my balance but then a neighbor left this pipe by the trash so I put it to use...it's a challenge on its own to balance like that and throwing punches makes it even more challenging...yet fun as hell...

Chris M, I gotta ask, looks like you got your a$$ beat right before that picture was taken, what's the dealio?

Comment

• Chris M
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2006

Thanks guys! Ya, it was definitely a "hmmmmm" moment, I usually use the skateboard on an old rolling pin to work on my balance but then a neighbor left this pipe by the trash so I put it to use...it's a challenge on its own to balance like that and throwing punches makes it even more challenging...yet fun as hell...

Chris M, I gotta ask, looks like you got your a$$ beat right before that picture was taken, what's the dealio?

Yeah, I purposely picked that picture because that's the way it looks and I think it's a funny picture.

In actuality, my wife took that picture after I dove into a pool that I thought had a deep end. Unfortunately it didn't, and yes, I do realize how lucky I was that day.

Maybe I should have said the other guys were taken away in an ambulance.
              Last edited by Chris M; 04-12-2007, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• BillyMack
                • Sep 2006

LOL....ouch, I suppose that's similar to taking a long walk off a short pier...yes, you are very lucky that you weren't taken away in an ambulance, that's an easy way to break your neck or pop out a couple discs...

Glad you survived

P.S. You should stick to woodworking and leave the diving to the pros...j/k j/k

Comment

• Chris M
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2006

LOL....ouch, I suppose that's similar to taking a long walk off a short pier...yes, you are very lucky that you weren't taken away in an ambulance, that's an easy way to break your neck or pop out a couple discs...

Glad you survived

P.S. You should stick to woodworking and leave the diving to the pros...j/k j/k
                  You'd think that because I grew up in central Florida and spent so much of my life in and around the water I'd know better than to violate the rule they pounded into our heads "feet first, first time" whenever we were thinking of diving into the water at a strange place. It was not unheard of for someone to be paralyzed in my home town from exactly this kind of thing, especially in the lakes when some kid would dive off a dock.

I guess I should mention this was at a friend's house that was having a party at his house for the first time and I just assumed his pool had a deep end? I hadn't ever heard of a pool at a house without a deep end so I dove into the water opposite the end where the steps were.

But it still makes for a funny picture, even if it was a few years ago.
                  Last edited by Chris M; 04-12-2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• jaguiler
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2007

I guess we should not call you Bob Villa anymore - and start calling you Greg Louganous

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                      I guess we should not call you Bob Villa anymore - and start calling you Greg Louganous
                      Doohhhh...

Good one...
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...