X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaccZero8
    • Mar 2011

4 week update

Okay, so before you critique the living guts out of me, you should be forewarned this isn't the best video update. I just wanted to post something but ended up getting frustrated trying to get it perfect and sifted through to find a decent one to show you guys... even though it's kinda slow and sloppy (bc filming myself is not one of my strong points)... knowing I'm being taped doesn't help my performance!

Disregard the swivel noise in some portions, that doesn't usually happen when I bag...

Anyways, here is my 4 week progress

Last edited by MaccZero8; 04-28-2011, 05:40 PM.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

No worries, looking good. Great set-up you've got there.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Lots of variety

Originally posted by MaccZero8 View Post
      Okay, so before you critique the living guts out of me, you should be forewarned this isn't the best video update. I just wanted to post something but ended up getting frustrated trying to get it perfect and sifted through to find a decent one to show you guys... even though it's kinda slow and sloppy (bc filming myself is not one of my strong points)... knowing I'm being taped doesn't help my performance!

Disregard the swivel noise in some portions, that doesn't usually happen when I bag...

Anyways, here is my 4 week progress

Great Job! I know lots about miss hits....That's what they made titles and credits for.....to cover mine up.....you have a lot of variety in your vid for only 4 1/2 weeks in. Keep on Bagging and Posting Vidz! The more you do it the less you'll think about the camera! Keep up the Good work!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

NICE! I think you've been watching the same videos I have...
        To me (also a noob) you show great improvement since the last video, must be practicing a lot. It's SO addictive isn't it? I find myself hitting well into the night and lose complete track of time.

Keep up the good work.
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• gcruz
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2011

Much better than me!

At least you have a video too! (nice Apple sticker)
          What size Cleto is that? Looks like a good size.

Thanks for sharing, makes me want to train.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Feb 2010

Well you certainly have been practising a LOT since your first video!

You've added a bunch of new techniques in two weeks, I'm amazed!

Fist rolls front and reverse, linking, double bumps, 3 way elbows, front and reverse double punches....

Excellent work I'd say, and the consistency and fluid control that you're after is gonna come as you keep practising. Looking ace!

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Very nice work!! some real cool moves there was a time i was the only person with a tri-colour Cleto!! but alas no more! great bag eh?

Comment

• MaccZero8
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                No worries, looking good. Great set-up you've got there.
                Thanks! The only decent option was to put it in my bedroom, haha.

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                Keep on Bagging and Posting Vidz! The more you do it the less you'll think about the camera! Keep up the Good work!
                It's so hard not to! I should just have a friend record me when I'm not paying attention

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                I find myself hitting well into the night and lose complete track of time.
                Lucky! I'm scared if i hit past 7pm my neighbors are going to write me their 3rd noise complaint, lol

Originally posted by gcruz View Post
                At least you have a video too! (nice Apple sticker)
                What size Cleto is that? Looks like a good size.
                I'm glad someone can appreciate my obsession with Apple
                The Cleto in the video is an extra small

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                Well you certainly have been practising a LOT since your first video!

You've added a bunch of new techniques in two weeks, I'm amazed!

Fist rolls front and reverse, linking, double bumps, 3 way elbows, front and reverse double punches....

Excellent work I'd say, and the consistency and fluid control that you're after is gonna come as you keep practising. Looking ace!
                Thank you! Love the feedback! Still gotta work on the split fist action.

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Very nice work!! some real cool moves there was a time i was the only person with a tri-colour Cleto!! but alas no more! great bag eh?
                AWESOME bag. Definitely my favorite!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Really motivates me to get better

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Don't Worry About Perfection...Just Bag.

I must say,for 4 weeks in you look REALLY good! Triple elbows, double fist bumps,linking all looks great. So what if you're not at blinding speed yet. You're focussed on two of the main concepts: technique and control. I truly mean it when I say you're off to a great start. BAG ON!!!!
                  Last edited by metaldad; 05-01-2011, 05:49 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Really impressive speed bagging for 4 weeks! And, as Metaldad stated, you have really good control and technique. I like your style on the inward elbow strikes – nice from BOTH directions, too! The linking looks good. Heck! It all looks good! Keep up the addiction.

I can't wait to see your 8-week update!!
                    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MaccZero8
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                      I must say,for 4 weeks in you look REALLY good! Triple elbows, double fist bumps,linking all looks great. So what if you're not at blinding speed yet. You're focussed on two of the main concepts: technique and control. I truly mean it when I say you're off to a great start. BAG ON!!!!
                      Thank you I think speed will come when I get the technique and control down so I just have to keep baggin away!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                      Really impressive speed bagging for 4 weeks! And, as Metaldad stated, you have really good control and technique. I like your style on the inward elbow strikes – nice from BOTH directions, too! The linking looks good. Heck! It all looks good! Keep up the addiction.

I can't wait to see your 8-week update!!
                      Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! Man, I love how supportive everyone is on this forum

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                        • Apr 2011

You are totally rocking it out!! Makes me want to practice more! It's cool to see everyone's styles in their videos!
                        -
                        Owner/Operator
                        www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• larted
                          • Mar 2009

Great work. I am using your vid as a work out tool. I don't know if I will ever get that good.
                          Larry

Comment

• hammer6384
                            • Dec 2010

Great Baggin girl! Smooth hitting.I liked it.
                            SpeedBag Hammer

Comment

• Dutchman
                              Speed Bag Historian
                              • Jun 2006

"Lucky! I'm scared if i hit past 7pm my neighbors are going to write me their 3rd noise complaint, lol"

Ah the bain of living in a mulitple occupant dwelling. I know your pain. I live next to the complex manager, but the noise from the units upstairs usually drowns out my workouts. I still use a freestanding platform tho, as the walls are thin with little insulation. A wall mounted platform would telegraph through at least half the eighteen units of the building I'm in.

BTW, you are doing great!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...