Clear All
  • hammer6384
    • Dec 2010

Last session with Plastic Ball Hook

SpeedBag Hammer
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I'd call that a "McDonald's Set", 'cause I'm loving it. Great stuff. You obviously have the Side Double Punch (SDP) down cold.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hammer6384
      • Dec 2010

Thanks Boss, Yeah I do like that punch alot. Maybe You could fire a few ideas of some other combos I could work on at this point that would fit in there.
      SpeedBag Hammer

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by hammer6384 View Post
        Thanks Boss, Yeah I do like that punch alot. Maybe You could fire a few ideas of some other combos I could work on at this point that would fit in there.
        You are certainly ready for the advanced combinations, which start creating combinations from all around the bag, particularly combinations that normally occur with three rebounds, for three is an ODD number and they can also be done with ONE.

There are two more Side techniques you can now start thinking about. The Reverse-Side Double Punch (R-SDP) and the Side-Reverse Double Punch (S-RDP). These allow for many more combinations, mostly advanced because they help you roll your firsts "around" the bag with one rebound in between as well as allow exist or entry points to other combinations.

.Try this: FDP ' ' ' SDP.........(R-L ' ' ' L-R) note left hand lead SDP
        then this: FDP ' ' ' S-RDP......(R-L ' ' ' R-L) note the Right hand leads the S-RDP. *Key: Left arm for the Reverse punch must by down a bit under the bag.

Using the thought that if you can do it with three rebounds, then if you are fast enough you can do it with ONE rebound.

Try this: FDP ' S-RDP. R-L ' R-L

Now let's break it down punch by punch. R_(FCP) ' L_(FCP) ' R_(SSP) ' L_(RSP).

they key is letting the first (R) fist to hit and "roll out and in from the side" to hit after the L FCP. Then the left ducks down a bit and under to get behind. Here is another Key: the left arm has to do down under the bag, or it will be in the way of the moving bag when you hit the Side Single Punch! If your left goes straight through, like your normally do, it will be in path of the rebound.

work with it for a while, then think: what can I do after the last punch: (always think about that, for it always extends your options on the bag...)
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also do: SDP ' ' ' RDP...... L-R ' ' ' L-R
        You can also do this: ..... L-R ' ' ' R-L
        now try: SDP ' RDP........ L-R ' L-R

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        You can also start going to the Side Single Punch (SSP) from a Reverse Double Punch (RDP) using one rebound.

RDP ' SSP = L-R ' L..... L-R_RDP ' L_SSP.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now here is what I call "the 3-punch Monty" using the FDP, SDP and RDP.

FDP ' SSP ' ' SDP ' RSP......repeat:

R-FCP ' L-FCP ( or FSP) ' R-SSP ' ' R-FCP ' L-SSP ' R-RSP..
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the results of this will have you rolling your fists all around the bag with one rebound inbetween. most of this is described in the chapter "advanced combinations" of the Speed Bag Bible, then expanded on in the chapter "Echo Rhythms". Yes, it appears complicated in Text. I also try to explain and demonstrate this in "Disk 4" of the 4 DVD series.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hammer6384
          • Dec 2010

Sounds good. I will work on that. Thanks for tha advice. I try not to get in tha rut of tha same stuff but sometimes I do.
          SpeedBag Hammer

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...