X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inkspill
    • Dec 2010

some mo' bagging

more bagging, new stuff so it's not very sharp yet.

All feedback/advice/suggestions welcome. I'm finding myself hitting with these different strikes and all, but not sure where to proceed from here, I'm feeling a little bit stuck in the same routine.

Anyway, striking with the wrists, some straight punch pass throughs and reverse, and transitioning from rolling hammer fists to rolling inner gate punches and back, which feels pretty intense to me!

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post

All feedback/advice/suggestions welcome. I'm finding myself hitting with these different strikes and all, but not sure where to proceed from here, I'm feeling a little bit stuck in the same routine.

Anyway, striking with the wrists, some straight punch pass throughs and reverse, and transitioning from rolling hammer fists to rolling inner gate punches and back, which feels pretty intense to me!
    You can always add in your elbows. Outward, Inward and Downward movements will work will, either with just a single elbow or in Elbow-fist or Elbow-open hand combinations. Also, throw in some other open hand techniques, such as knife hands (palm up and down) and ridge hands (palm up and down). These normally hit the side panels of the bag, so that will add a new element of bag rebound angles.

That may add a bit of variety to your workouts.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

THat's what I like about the bag ... everybody brings their own unique style. No two people hit the same. Looking good.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      You can always add in your elbows.
      x2 ...bring on the elbows.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Dude! Very nice! Way to utilize the bag! Are you a practioner of Wing Chun? I only ask because your wrist and Knife hand strikes are reminiscent of Wing Chun hand movements. You also do a very nice transition between Front Fist Roll and what looks like Wing Chun Centerline Chain Punching. Aesome job! Keep 'em coming. Did you get a new camera?
        sigpic

Comment

• Inkspill
          • Dec 2010

Thanks for the tips guys. Will work on some elbows and sword hands I appreciate the suggestions

I'm sorta teaching myself wing chun's sil lum tao form from this wing chun kung fu book by j yimm lee. As for the inner wrist, I've been doing all this wrist tic tocs that I started hitting with the ox jaw and flipped my wrist out on the return. I'm studying American Kenpo mainly, 2 years in September. So sort of lol?

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
            Spin Master

• Aug 2008

lookin good- nice job!

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Thanks for the tips guys. Will work on some elbows and sword hands I appreciate the suggestions

I'm sorta teaching myself wing chun's sil lum tao form from this wing chun kung fu book by j yimm lee. As for the inner wrist, I've been doing all this wrist tic tocs that I started hitting with the ox jaw and flipped my wrist out on the return. I'm studying American Kenpo mainly, 2 years in September. So sort of lol?
              Kenpo is awesome! If you get a chance, check out China Boxer, he explains and breaks down Wing Chun pretty good. Also Sifu Michael Wong. His approach is more unorthodox and aggressive but very interesting and has something to be learned. Also Sifu Sam Chan in Michigan, I have his Sil Lum Tao,Chum Kiu and Wooden Dummy dvds. He teaches more traditional Wing Chun. I really like how he breaks down the system as well.
              Just giving you some vsual reference to go along with the books you're using. I would like to learn some Kenpo basics and katas. I practice Sil Lum Tao often. I should start practicing Chum Kiu but don't feel confident yet. Good luck and keep the videos coming.
              sigpic

Comment

• hammer6384
                • Dec 2010

Keep it up Ink, I have found myself using strikes like that. As far as tha Stuck in a routine thing,I am there all tha time, I just keep hitting and just seem to work out of it. Besides tha more you do tha same thing tha better and faster you will get. Good Job Bro.
                SpeedBag Hammer

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...