• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephieShull
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2011

After 5 months of Speed bag

Hey All, I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed watching others videos on here. I have been speed bagging for 5 months now and wanted to share my videos. I just took them this past Friday.
    I'm currently working on my technique and starting to work on combinations.

Last edited by StephieShull; 03-21-2011, 12:46 AM.
  • Brother Cavefish
    • Jan 2011

you look great
    Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

way to go you are off to a great start Bag On

Comment

• StephieShull
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2011

Thanks!

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Very nice bagging. Good rhythm and timing. Onward to Front Fist Rolling and Outward Elbow Strikes! You CAN do it

Great Gym for baggers by the way. Interesting top frame supports.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Feb 2010

Yep, you've definitely made a great start! Very nice fistrolls and combinations starting to come together. Looks like you're already showing the guys and gals down at your gym what can be done on a speedbag!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your videos, (I just knew there had to be more female bagaholics lurking out there somewhere!!)

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Looking Good!

Hi and welcome! You're looking real comfortable with the double hits and double hits behind the bag. Your fistrolling is great as well. Have you tried hitting on the other boards in the background? I noticed the one you're using is a bit wobbly. Not horrendously wobbly, but you do notice it. You're hitting very well regardles. If I had to give any type of criticism, it would be to try keeping the elbows up more (yeah I'm one to talk lol). I agree with Mrs. Mitts,
              it's good to have more female baggers around here. Keep the videos coming! Bag on!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by StephieShull View Post
                Hey All, I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed watching others videos on here. I have been speed bagging for 5 months now and wanted to share my videos. I just took them this past Friday.
                Very nice! Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing. Great reverse double punch , as well as many other things!

Comment

• deano
                  Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

your going great,have a look at MsDee and MrsMitts vids and see whats possible in short time.keep at it your well on the way

Comment

• StephieShull
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Mar 2011

Thanks everyone for the responses and feedback.
                    Never thought I would become this addicted to speedbagging.

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Never thought I would become this addicted to speedbagging.
                      We're so glad you did.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2010

Info on your swivel set up?

Welcome to the forum! Great progress for only 5 months of bagging! Great Rhythym and hand speed. Thanks for posting the vids!

I would like to ask if you would show some close up pictures of the swivel set-up on the platforms from your gym. That gym looks like the one speedbagmike posted videos from and I would like to replicate the swivel set-up they have. It seems like that set up is capable of a ton of bag speed. Any other information on the hardware involved on that set-up would be greatly appreciated.

Keep on Baggin!
                        Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 03-30-2011, 06:16 PM. Reason: some spelling and grammar corrections
                        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• StephieShull
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Mar 2011

Hey novaspeedbagger,
                          Yes, this is the same gym that Speedbag Mike use to go to. He moved out of town just before I started speed bagging. I met him for the first time a few months back when he was in town.
                          Not sure exactly where Mr Red Lerille (owner of the gym) got this swivel. He did tell me that he had it custom made.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Aug 2010

Thanks!..I'm also from Louisiana

Red's is a familiar name to me!

I played in a couple of Racquetball tournaments at Red's, back in the day, when I was a yungsta.

I'm from St. Bernard Parish, just outside of New Orleans, but relocated to the D.C. area in 05'. It's great to have another bagger from Louisiana on the forum! And thanks for the info on the Swivel! Maybe I'll call Red's to see if I can get some more info on the swivels
                            Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

So glad you found the forum!

Whoo hoo, Stephanie! Welcome to the forum! Mrs. Mitts and I welcome you with open arms – and fists! I've been a bit preoccupied this past month, so my apologies for not commenting sooner.

You look pretty darned good, girl! It looks like you're hitting on an Everlast Elite. I worked out on that bag in the beginning, but my favorite bag was the big red Everlast bag. I found the Elite to be a little "dead" on the rebound, but, at this stage of the game, it's probably good for beginners. It will help you to build up strength and stamina, both of which are very important.

And, like Metaldad mentioned, just remember to keep those elbows up. It will make all the difference when executing those punches in quick succession.

I hope the addiction continues for you. Can't wait to see another progress report soon!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...