• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

Toolbox's Custom Spinbag

Here are some pics of my home made Spin Bag Platform, I'll try to do a video tomorrow I worked all weekend
    Attached Files
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Looks Good!!

Can't wait to see how you work it. Wondering how it works in conjunction wtih the Double End Bag. Is it faster? Is it better for working in the hooks and dodging? Where the DE bag is more of a Jab/cross exerciser for those of us that are not used to it, how does the spin bag compare?
    sigpic

Comment

• Joe
      • May 2010

Awesome! Can't wait to see the video.
      sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks great TBD. Leave it to you to figure a way! Looking forward to seeing you and Rhi give it a go.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
          Here are some pics of my home made Spin Bag Platform, I'll try to do a video tomorrow I worked all weekend
          Now that my friend, is an industrial strength spin bag! A totally awesome creation! Way to go TBD! Can't wait to see the vidz!
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• yemen85
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Dec 2010

toolboxdiver

You should market that, it's very nice.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
              Can't wait to see how you work it. Wondering how it works in conjunction wtih the Double End Bag. Is it faster? Is it better for working in the hooks and dodging? Where the DE bag is more of a Jab/cross exerciser for those of us that are not used to it, how does the spin bag compare?
              I took me 2 days to get the timing down going to try a video today

Originally posted by Joe View Post
              Awesome! Can't wait to see the video.
              I'll have one up shortly

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Looks great TBD. Leave it to you to figure a way! Looking forward to seeing you and Rhi give it a go.

Rhi has been busy with school but the Big Guy will get a video going today

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              Now that my friend, is an industrial strength spin bag! A totally awesome creation! Way to go TBD! Can't wait to see the vidz!
              Thanks Nova, yes I tend to over engineer and support my welding projects. The fine tuning is getting the right length chain and I'll try to get video up today

Originally posted by yemen85 View Post
              toolboxdiver

You should market that, it's very nice.
              might be a problem since the spinbag has probally got a patent, mine is quite a bit different though so we will see.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2008

it's definatly challenging and once I get the basic rythum down better I can see lot's of options for working in hooks double jabs etc...
                well here is the first video I'm using a old everlast 4210 bag

and this one is with a smaller everlast 4200 bag

Comment

• Allentown
                  • Oct 2010

Very Nice Set-Up

Comment

• sparrky37
                    • Jan 2010

Very Nice! I bet with a slightly longer chain it would help the timing.

Comment

• Hannibal
                      • Dec 2010

That is one beautiful unit!! Potentially a longer chain would help at first till you are able to fight in close and let off some faster hooks. That unit looks very fast, and my jaw about hit the floor when I seen how well you made the unit. The guy selling these has nothing on your set up. If I was you I might want to consider making some of these custom if you can on the side for a few extra bucks.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2010

Rock solid Spin Bag TBD!

Hey Man Thanks for posting the Vidz! I've been looking forward to seeing Your Spin Bag in action! Great job punching too, and I'm assuming hitting on your newly built set up is the first time you've taken a crack at spin bagging. Good stuff!

About your set up.....Awesome job on the design and creation! As you know I've been teaching myself to weld, so I have a great appreciation for your fabrication skills, because the welding ain't that easy for me. I'm totally impreseed with your spin bag set up and Spin bag striking skillz. You'll be blasting consecutive hooks in no time! You definitely make this forum more interesting TBD! The Speed Bag Truck and and the TBD Spin Bag are Two incredible Creations! Way to Go!
                        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
                          Very Nice Set-Up
                          thanks

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
                          Very Nice! I bet with a slightly longer chain it would help the timing.
                          I am still experimenting with chain length

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          That is one beautiful unit!! Potentially a longer chain would help at first till you are able to fight in close and let off some faster hooks. That unit looks very fast, and my jaw about hit the floor when I seen how well you made the unit. The guy selling these has nothing on your set up. If I was you I might want to consider making some of these custom if you can on the side for a few extra bucks.
                          thanks for the kudos, it did turn out nice and very stable

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                          Hey Man Thanks for posting the Vidz! I've been looking forward to seeing Your Spin Bag in action! Great job punching too, and I'm assuming hitting on your newly built set up is the first time you've taken a crack at spin bagging. Good stuff!

About your set up.....Awesome job on the design and creation! As you know I've been teaching myself to weld, so I have a great appreciation for your fabrication skills, because the welding ain't that easy for me. I'm totally impreseed with your spin bag set up and Spin bag striking skillz. You'll be blasting consecutive hooks in no time! You definitely make this forum more interesting TBD! The Speed Bag Truck and and the TBD Spin Bag are Two incredible Creations! Way to Go!
                          Thanks Nova, this forum is like a close family and it is awesome how we support each other in our ventures. Stick with the welding it does take practice and watch your puddle that is the key, focus on the puddle and you will do much better.

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Well done Devil dog! Looks like the timing would take a bit of getting used to, but once you do, that will be one mean mother for working the hook!
                            sigpic

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                              Well done Devil dog! Looks like the timing would take a bit of getting used to, but once you do, that will be one mean mother for working the hook!
                              I started working on a tripple jab right cross left hook combo today but it needs some work before I post a video. Did get the basic rythum down to just about a 3 min round, the multiple jab you go right left right then right cross to the left and come back to a left hook to the right

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...