• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Spin Bagging***Nova-Style!****

After reading this thread,

I figured I'd share what I've done with my modification to the Spin Bag concept.

Here is a short Clip of my version of the Spin Bag! This was simple to make. I already beefed up my board and purposley left it square so I could add this Spin bag to my platform. I had this chain link swiv already, that I purchased from title around Christmas time. They were on sale for $8 and free shipping form the title vip site. The flanges and pipe were about 20$ and I had deck screws hanging around the house. I'll mount it permanent later but this is pretty solid. The soccer ball is real heavy so, you don't have to go that route. I have a speed bag on a chain that I use also, but I want to hit something a bit more beefy.

My Speed Bag rack is a bit shaky and over time I will probably reconstruct this rack to be more solid. For speed bagging it's fine. The soccer ball is much heavier and when you make solid contact, the G's created by the centrifugal force (maybe centripetal...not sure which is technically correct) rock the rack pretty good. It does work though.

Hope you enjoy the vid! Let me know what you think of this crazy little creation!

It is most certainly a new spin on the forum.

http:////www.speedbagforum.com/forum...php?albumid=76
    Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM. Reason: forgot the vid and added some still pics of spin bag set up
    Novaspeedbagger
  • toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

lookin good Nova, getting some vibration so keep a eye on the top bolts but other than that great job. I hope to have mine done this week so I'll post pics too

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

looking forward to seeing yours

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
      lookin good Nova, getting some vibration so keep a eye on the top bolts but other than that great job. I hope to have mine done this week so I'll post pics too
      Cool! can't wait to see em. I've had this built for a while. But didn't think to post this till I saw some interest here on the forum.

I started out with small 3/4" pipe and flanges I had lying around from some swivs I was messing around with, but I snapped that prototype at the top threads. I'll post some still pics of the pipe and flanges later. Gotta get to work now though. Thanks for watching TBD!
      Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 03-07-2011, 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• sparrky37
        • Jan 2010

Great design, I'm wanting to build one of these BAD! The pipe and flanges, are they threaded,or did you weld them???

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Threaded Sparrky! Great Focus thread you started.....I put my two cents in just now!
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Hannibal
            • Dec 2010

I am glad to see everyones great engineering skills in this forum. They are so helpful, and great to watch. I am going to make one of these myself, and am interested as to why this hasn't become more pronounced in boxing gyms. It is a great hand to eye coordination workout, and to me a much better activity than the double end bag. Once again props on the set up, and can't wait to see the advancements you all make

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              After reading this thread,

I figured I'd share what I've done with my modification to the Spin Bag concept.

Here is a short Clip of my version of the Spin Bag! This was simple to make. I already beefed up my board and purposley left it square so I could add this Spin bag to my platform. I had this chain link swiv already, that I purchased from title around Christmas time. They were on sale for $8 and free shipping form the title vip site. The flanges and pipe were about 20$ and I had deck screws hanging around the house. I'll mount it permanent later but this is pretty solid. The soccer ball is real heavy so, you don't have to go that route. I have a speed bag on a chain that I use also, but I want to hit something a bit more beefy.

My Speed Bag rack is a bit shaky and over time I will probably reconstruct this rack to be more solid. For speed bagging it's fine. The soccer ball is much heavier and when you make solid contact, the G's created by the centrifugal force (maybe centripetal...not sure which is technically correct) rock the rack pretty good. It does work though.

Hope you enjoy the vid! Let me know what you think of this crazy little creation!

It is most certainly a new spin on the forum.

Cool bag station. I like that spin baggin'.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hammer6384
                • Dec 2010

That is AWSOME! Real Cool! Good job.
                SpeedBag Hammer

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by hammer6384 View Post
                  That is AWSOME! Real Cool! Good job.
                  Thanks for checking it out!
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2010

I added some still pics of my spin bag set just in case anyone was interested.
                    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Allentown
                      • Oct 2010

That is a great set up. When I get some free time, I am going to try and make one.

Maybe a diggle ball bag too

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2010

What's a diggle ball bag?

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
                        That is a great set up. When I get some free time, I am going to try and make one.

Maybe a diggle ball bag too

Thanks Allentown!

I know I may regret this question...LOL!!! But here it goes?

I'm not familiar with a diggle ball bag. Is that the same thing as a double end bag?
                        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Hannibal
                          • Dec 2010

I am going to be working with someone on construction one of these this weekend......gonna use them for our tournament ready fighters. What weight of ball would you recommend? This is for 13 year olds primarily.

Comment

• Inkspill
                            • Dec 2010

That's really cool. Looks like you've got to throw some stank to move it, nicely done!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              I am going to be working with someone on construction one of these this weekend......gonna use them for our tournament ready fighters. What weight of ball would you recommend? This is for 13 year olds primarily.
                              I'm not sure...That soccer ball jolts the body pretty good while doing the consecutive hooks. I also have a volleyball and you could use any size speed bag on a chain. That the quickest set up if you use a snap ring on each end of the chain.

Try it out once it's built with different bags and balls to see what works best your situation! I hope this helps some.
                              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...