X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hannibal
    • Dec 2010

The Spin Bag!!

A new training tool to increase your hand speed and punching accuracy for Boxing, MMA, or Muay Thai. Go to www.thespinbag.com for more info.

The new spin bag...this is some interesting new invention and believe it can be purchased. I know that a lot of you all are always looking for new ways to challenge yourselves. Thought this might tempt your punch buds.
  • sparrky37
    • Jan 2010

I like it!

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhLTWpTXjqE

The new spin bag...this is some interesting new invention and believe it can be purchased. I know that a lot of you all are always looking for new ways to challenge yourselves. Thought this might tempt your punch buds.
      very cool I'll be making one of those next very simple to make

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2010

already made my own version of it. Took a 12" pice of 1 1/2" pipe screwed to a pipe flange and bolted to hang in a vertical position. Added a flange a the bottom an attached a chain link swivel.

My version uses a soccer ball inside a basketball net and attached to the chain link swivel. The soccer ball is heavy and offers lots of extra resistance when striking it. I got that idea in another post where Tim suggested using a the melon bag for a better workout.

I'll try and post some video of me hitting it soon!

It's a cool way to work out!
        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• sparrky37
          • Jan 2010

Do you guys think a Ubolt would work? I don't see why not. i have a couple I could use.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
            Do you guys think a Ubolt would work? I don't see why not. i have a couple I could use.
            I'm making mine out of 1" square tubbing and 1 1/2" pipe for the adjustable spinbag part and am using gussets so it won't twist or vibrate but then i always do overdue it so it will be rock solid

Comment

• sparrky37
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
              I'm making mine out of 1" square tubbing and 1 1/2" pipe for the adjustable spinbag part and am using gussets so it won't twist or vibrate but then i always do overdue it so it will be rock solid
              Sounds real solid, but i'M WONDERING INSTEAD OF CHAIN LINK SWIV, IF i USE A uBOLT SWIV

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2008

Sounds real solid, but i'M WONDERING INSTEAD OF CHAIN LINK SWIV, IF i USE A uBOLT SWIV
                think either would work, I think I'll use a small clevis (u bolt) instead of the chainlink on the swivel

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great bag, and one of those ideas that shouts: Why didn't I think of that!
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2008

I had a extra chain link swivel, I cut the threads off on the lathe and fitted it in 1 1/2" pipe with 4 #8-32 pan head machine screws. The adjustable frame turned out great I'll post pics as soon as I get it put up. That way Rhi and I can both use it. it will fit nice where I had to take my speedbag down cause the drunk neighbors said it makes too much noise so the speedbag truck was born.

Comment

• Joe
                      • May 2010

That is cool! I may make one rather than buy it. $239 and $349 respectively is a bit too rich for my blood for something without a hardwood drum...

It is great to see someone putting together a little business venture like that - I hope his idea catches on.
                      sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...