• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

After work bag session

I got alot to work on before Jersey! Came home from work, had to hit the bag before getting too comfortable in the hacienda. Not alot of energy here. Tons of mis hits, linking wasn't on (I keep dropping that damned left elbow!), but I had to get at it regardless. Also trying to learn the patented(?) Scissors spin. Got a bit dizzy at around 3:23-27. Practice practice PRACTICE!! Here it is goofs and all enjoy:

sigpic
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Glad you posted that bagging session! That was a good go at it for 6:00 minutes! You had a lot of good steady rhythym combo's in there, and I am now motivated to try some spins which I rarely do. Your spins smooth out nicely just before you got dizzy and those single elbow strikes close to the end are sharp and clean accurate hits. Good Stuff! Thanks for postin!
    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      I got alot to work on before Jersey! Came home from work, had to hit the bag before getting too comfortable in the hacienda. Not alot of energy here. Tons of mis hits, linking wasn't on (I keep dropping that damned left elbow!), but I had to get at it regardless. Also trying to learn the patented(?) Scissors spin. Got a bit dizzy at around 3:23-27. Practice practice PRACTICE!! Here it is goofs and all enjoy:

I like the practice sequence from 4:19 - 5:00 min, doing the repetitive single arm Outward Double Elbow Strike to Reverse Single Punch with two rebounds.

(O-DES) ' ' (RSP)

Good arm position on that. You can drop the elbow on bit on the RSP, for when the fist hits behind the bag and passes back to the front it will naturally raise your elbow back up a bit. If you flow with the movement you should feel it.

You can also angle your fist a bit out to the side rather than directly (straight) behind the bag. Your fist may hit a bit more toward the reverse-SIDE panel, but that's OK because you can also do this elbow-fist combo with the Side Single Punch. (SSP)

(O-DES) ' ' (SSP)

the only difference is the elbow position. angle it to the front and you'd use the RSP. Angle the elbow to the side (home position for setup) and you'd use the SSP, but the pass through is the same.

Great work, MD. Stay on the bag control skills and leave the spins alone for a while. Personally I hate them because my attends come
      un-snapped almost every time
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

you have been posting some entertaining vids lately! excellent
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
          • Jan 2011

i love the beat, it sounded like a military drum roll
          Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
            Spin Master

• Aug 2008

youre the man metal D! sweet! X

Comment

• Inkspill
              • Dec 2010

I dug your rolling pattern, very easy on the ears, like a machine gun, empty a magazine, reload (''') and empty another one.

I also dug the one armed ODES '' RSP! inspired me to keep working on those outward elbows!

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                Glad you posted that bagging session! That was a good go at it for 6:00 minutes! You had a lot of good steady rhythym combo's in there, and I am now motivated to try some spins which I rarely do. Your spins smooth out nicely just before you got dizzy and those single elbow strikes close to the end are sharp and clean accurate hits. Good Stuff! Thanks for postin!
                Thank you Nova! Like I said, I really wasn't feeling it at 5 in the morning after driving all night. But practice makes perfect!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                I like the practice sequence from 4:19 - 5:00 min, doing the repetitive single arm Outward Double Elbow Strike to Reverse Single Punch with two rebounds.

(O-DES) ' ' (RSP)

Good arm position on that. You can drop the elbow on bit on the RSP, for when the fist hits behind the bag and passes back to the front it will naturally raise your elbow back up a bit. If you flow with the movement you should feel it.

You can also angle your fist a bit out to the side rather than directly (straight) behind the bag. Your fist may hit a bit more toward the reverse-SIDE panel, but that's OK because you can also do this elbow-fist combo with the Side Single Punch. (SSP)

(O-DES) ' ' (SSP)

the only difference is the elbow position. angle it to the front and you'd use the RSP. Angle the elbow to the side (home position for setup) and you'd use the SSP, but the pass through is the same.

Great work, MD. Stay on the bag control skills and leave the spins alone for a while. Personally I hate them because my attends come
                un-snapped almost every time
                Thank you Aaln. I'll print and try these combos. I have been working on another combo: FDP ' ' RSP ' ' FDP ' ' RDP ' ' FCP ' ' RDP.......I hope I wrote that correctly. just started trying that and it gets confusing after a bit. Oh I can't help it , I gotta keep trying the spins. I'm addicted. Sorry. Attends? um What are those?

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                you have been posting some entertaining vids lately! excellent
                Glad you like them brotha! I'll be ready to order my Powermill veeery soon.

Originally posted by Brother Cavefish View Post
                i love the beat, it sounded like a military drum roll
                Thank you!

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
                youre the man metal D! sweet! X
                Right on! Maybe one day I'll be close to your caliber of performance!

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
                I dug your rolling pattern, very easy on the ears, like a machine gun, empty a magazine, reload (''') and empty another one.

I also dug the one armed ODES '' RSP! inspired me to keep working on those outward elbows!

Thanks man! A good fistroll not only sounds good, it burns good!
                sigpic

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Alright, MD! Baggin at 5:00 am AFTER work; gotta love the dedication. Nice vid, great job.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...