• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

DIY double end bag

I thought i would post a few photos of what i used to make my homemade DEB, and how it turned out. just in case someone would like to make their own DEB, for little, or no money. I made this bag about 9 to 10 months ago, and have never had any problems with it.

As for the bag itself, it is just one of my daughter's $2 bouncy balls, about 8 inches in diameter. Any standard size ball you can find laying around the house will do fine. I then found a net around 3 feet square, at a second hand store for .50 cents. A roll of duct tape. (of course, you've gotta love duct tape). I then laid out the net on the floor, and put the ball in the middle of the net, and rolled the ball up in the net like a taco. I then tied the net tight around the ball with some yarn. I then had a nice long tail of net on both sides of the now netted ball. I twisted the ends of the net and doubled them over to make the loops at both ends, tied them off with the yarn. then started covering it all with duct tape. The ball has 4, or more layers of tape on it.

Get some nice thick rubber bands. ( i prefer rubber bands, or latex, or gum surgical tubing, to tarp straps, or bungie cords, they seem to have too much tension for my taste) just tie the rubber bands together, i just made loop slip knots.

On the top i sometimes use rubber bands. Right now i have some thin rope with a few rubber bands just to make it a little springy at the top end. Up in the moulding near the ceiling i put a small screw in hook.

As for the floor anchor, that's really simple, i used one of my wife's old *******s with a nice buckle loop i could attach my rubber bands to. I went out in the back yard, grabbed a big stone, that i thought would fit inside the bag, hosed it off, let it dry, and tossed it in the bag... boom done!
    Attached Files
  • Inkspill
    • Dec 2010

I dig it! that's a nice DIY. how thick were the rubber bands? did you use a single strand of rubber bands looped for top and bottom, or multiple strands? let us know how it holds up.

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

@inkspill. Thanks. The rubber bands are a little thicker than the cardboard of a cereal box. I have used thinner bands at times, and when i have used them, i double or triple them up. I have been using this bag for a quite a few months, and the only thing i have noticed is it's losing a tiny bit of air, if i were making another one i would leave the air valve free of tape, and near one of the loops, so i could pump it up a bit, and it would out of the way of the striking surface.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...