• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Ralph's New Old Stock RPSB Ringside Speed Bags

Hi gang! I ordered an RPSB-XS speed bag from Ralph (RP65) this week. Great bag! Long story short, this bag is MUCH, MUCH higher quality than what Ringside sells as the RPSB now. There's really no comparison in the quality of the leather. I recommend you pick one up in the size of your choice while these last. These bags are brand new in the original packaging, there's no other source for these at this time, Ringside hasn't sold an RPSB bag like this in a few years. Here's some footage and comparison of the RPSB - XS model. The "classic" or New Old Stock bag is the two tone black and red.

My punching in this vid is mediocre at best... I've only put about 1 hour of punch time on this bag. The light weight but with a longer length is giving me fits. It's also hanging about an inch too low for me, unfortunately because of how I mounted my Balazs it can't go higher.

I've tested the XS size. It's very light at 4.8 Oz. It's not as short as a Title Platinum Atomic XXS, as you can see in the picture. At any rate, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes light bags, but wants a little more length / rebound arc to it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim; 01-30-2011, 03:52 PM.
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

What a teaser, the video didn't play.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
      What a teaser, the video didn't play.
      It takes youtube.com a long time to process that much awesomeness ... try again now

Comment

• jumpcannon
        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

It played for me just fine. Sweet vid! That bag has a totally different feel than anything i have hit. I didnt know there was a difference between the old ringsides and new because i never hit on one. Glad i got 3 sizes from ralph while i could.
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post

My punching in this vid is mediocre at best...
          You're kidding, right? Yeah, good one.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          The light weight but with a longer length is giving me fits. It's also hanging about an inch too low for me, unfortunately because of how I mounted my Balazs it can't go higher.

I've tested the XS size. It's very light at 4.8 Oz. It's not as short as a Title Platinum Atomic XXS, as you can see in the picture. At any rate, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes light bags, but wants a little more length / rebound arc to it.
          funny how a little length or change in bag size and shape can affect your punching.

I have always had a few of these bags, and liked them a lot. But they are not the fastest bags out there.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2007

Good vid.

Nice moves Timbo, that goose neck's working well for you.
            sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• ssdvc
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              But they are not the fastest bags out there.
              I agree with that. As a somewhat newbie, for me it takes more "punch" to get these bags moving and to keep them moving. The Atomic XS I have is faster than the Ringside XS, even though the Ringside is a bit smaller (or maybe just skinnier and longer). All of the NOS Ringside bags I received from Ralph have a nice, abet heavier, feel to them. I also think they are a little bit easier to control than any of my other bags.

I guess because of my "beginner" status, slower is OK........for now. Hey, I am working on it!
              ________
              SILVERSURFER REVIEWS
              Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ssdvc View Post
                I agree with that. As a somewhat newbie, for me it takes more "punch" to get these bags moving and to keep them moving. The Atomic XS I have is faster than the Ringside XS, even though the Ringside is a bit smaller (or maybe just skinnier and longer). All of the NOS Ringside bags I received from Ralph have a nice, abet heavier, feel to them. I also think they are a little bit easier to control than any of my other bags.

I guess because of my "beginner" status, slower is OK........for now. Hey, I am working on it!
                Good observation. Sometimes the smallest bag is NOT the fastest. Shape, material and balance have a lot to do with it also, as well as bladder type.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jimcaher
                  • Feb 2010

Hey the NOS 10x7 has taught me that biggish bags (by historical standards, this is a not big bag, but it sure is for me) are not just for beginers or crude sluggers. When I got my Everlast 4200 in about 1970, I had absolutely no interest in hitting the big bags that were common then. The 4200 kagaroo is just a 9x6, but I think it was the smallest around at the time. And it is still a fast, light bag.

I got one of Ralph's 10x7 Ringsides and am enjoying the hell out of it. Nothing like the large bags I had encountered in the old days which were huge, heavy and not fun.

I've learned that something like this 10x7 can be fun and useful for getting rid of bad punching habits you can pick up hitting tiny bags where hitting with a lose hand or limp wrist can work. On a bigger bag these wimpy little flicks won't cut it. And it's just satisfying to go back to basics with control and good form. It takes only a few minutes to go back and get used to a tiny bag and I noticed that my punching had instantly improved.

I know if Allan sees this he'll say something like "well duh." Actually I think that Allan is using the Ringside 10x7 in his two-hour training video. But somethings folks just have to find out for themselves.

Everyone needs a bigger bag just to clean up their act every not and again.

Jim

Comment

• RP65
                    • Jan 2011

Ralph here, still have a few bags left. If interested forum members can PM or email me, all others can email me @ ralphponce65@hotmail.com for more info.
                    ralphponce65@hotmail.com

Comment

• 08speed3
                      • Dec 2010

Great bagging Tim! Mediocre? no way! I also agree with the quality of RP65 Ringside bags!! Infact I had to pick up a couple more! lol!

Comment

• Avadia
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                        I got one of Ralph's 10x7 Ringsides and am enjoying the hell out of it.
                        Ditto. The big NOS Ringside is a great bag. Lots of fun.

Don't you guys love it when Tim nails it, and then says his punching was "mediocre, at best"? I'll take that kind of "mediocre" talent all day long.

Comment

• Hannibal
                          • Dec 2010

The only bag in modern times ringside has put out which is comparable in quality is the ultra rebound bag. I just placed my order for one on saturday night and am awaiting it's arrival. I had been able to hit on it saturday afternoon at the local boxing gym here, and the quality of leather and rebounds are top notch. Ralp will definitely be getting a visit from me soon now that I was able to test the new and old ringside bags out. The bladders in them are first rate, and would even give a cleto bag a race for the money.

Comment

• RP65
                            • Jan 2011

Hi All, Ralph here, F.Y I. I'm taking orders for Cleto Reyes Bags, I'll be starting a new thread on selling these bags very soon
                            Thanks... Ralph
                            ralphponce65@hotmail.com

Comment

• yemen85
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Dec 2010

Cleto Reyes

Ralph
                              Count me in. Do you have prices yet?
                              Thanks

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...