• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Merry bagmas!

Ok..... I think I posted this Xmas poem last year... but there are lots of new people here now...
    I haven't been on in a while... been real busy ... but my bags are still getting hit here and there in my garage...

I was sending Speed Bag Skunk a Xmas card, and it hit me...
    In June... we had the Speed BAG Convention in NJ, where I grew up.
    It was a great hang and whoever goes to SPEED BAG 2011 will not be let down!
    Speed baggers are the coolest peeps anywhere!
    So, that weekend saw Skunk and I driving an hour north to my mom's to crash instead of paying for a cheap hotel...
    My kids were there as we were also on a little summer vacation.. it all tied in nicely...
    So I got Skunk in my mom's car.. he ends up puking out the window, sleeping at my mom's and meeting my kids in the am!
    We also had the cops show up that night for cranking tunes too loud at the REal Gymm!
    We also had drums and bass there in the afternoon jamming along to Alan Kahn's awesome punch drumming!
    This year also saw myself, Tim Platt, Speed Bag Megatron, Speed Bag Ham N Cheese and Skunk leave a Foreigner show, (I was the drummer and they toured with the original Speed Bag Truck!) after punching it up there, went out for food, then went to Home Depot and got some wood.
    We proceeded to build the "Speed Bag Porch!" 6 swivels! 2 long pieces of plywood, each with 3 swivs a piece! Awesome!
    ***This is ALL on youtube folks!
    This year also had Skunk on the Speed Bag Truck "Breakin' The Sound Barrier" with a XXS Everlast prototype bag they never put on the market..
    and it was the s**t!
    And last Xmas, I sent some of the guys Speed Bag Xmas Balls!
    I'lll find the pic! Ridiculous...
    But man, after the convention... it's been killer to see all these new SBP's... (Speed Bag Psychos) getting heavy duty into it!
    So with that.... and there is prob more...
    Oh yeah!
    Sooo.... I am the drummer in Whitesnake now. We will be touring the world next year starting in May in the US for a month. If you are on this site and can make a show, I'll get you in ... and we will most likely be able to do some baggin' before or after the show...
    Alan Kahn, Scissorhands, TIm Platt- Forum, Metal Dad, and many other have
    bagged in the Truck....
    Also... I wish I had a bit more time to get some new vids up as I Love punch drumming.... but maybe over the Xmas break I will..
    So anyhow have great holidays ... but more importantly...

HAVE A VERY MERRY BAGMAS!

and I leave you with my oh so festive poem!!!!
    hahaha.... about Speed Baggin', drinkin', the holidays, and bad decisions!
    hahahaha...

CHRISTMAS AT THE BAR! HARDEE HAR HAR!

It's Christmastime and I feel that I need a shrink
    So my friends suggested that we all go get a drink...
    I sat at the end of a broken down bar....
    I drank so much I thought I sold my car....

I yelled at my friends and told them they were the worst
    I've done this before, yeah, this wasn't the first
    So they all split, they went their merry way...
    Last time this happened was back in May...

I couldn't even remember the bartender's name
    And that's odd, cuz his name and mine are but the same!
    I ordered some shots and then ordered some more....
    They were my ammo in this mad drinker's war!

I looked around and saw nothing but haze...
    Getting the drink to my mouth was its own little maze!
    Then lo and behold! My eyes, what do they see?
    A beautiful woman, and she's staring at me...

She says she can tell that I am a one of a kind....
    She says a catch like me is hard to find!
    I eat all this up like a Thanksgiving dinner
    I know, that she knows, that I know, I'm a winner!

We end up taking a swirvy stroll to my pad...
    All the while she says I rule, I rock, I'm rad!
    The next day things were starting to come together
    But I wished they didn't, life would have been all the better..

In front of me stood a two bit trashy hag.....
    And all I wanted for Christmas was some free time to bag!

MERRY BAGMAS!!!
    Attached Files
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I hope i have some stories form the convention in january. My friend is a new bagger and he is coming with me. I told him all the ladies in St. Louis love speedbaggers! LOL.
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

Have a Merry Christmas to all the speedbaggers and I hope ya'll and your families have a safe and wonderful holiday

Comment

• sparrky37
        • Jan 2010

Great to hear! That the ladies here love speedbaggers, I wouldn't know since I'm married. just kidding, but is great to hear your bringing a new bagger!
        Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
        I hope i have some stories form the convention in january. My friend is a new bagger and he is coming with me. I told him all the ladies in St. Louis love speedbaggers! LOL.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
          Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Memories!!!!!!

Brian left out one of the most important parts!! How Awesome he is!!! Brian is a very stand up guy and man can he tear up a speedbag as well. But as he will brag about my OK skills on the bag. All i can ever do is be amazed at what he can do with the drums. I have been lucky enough to be able to hang with this cat on many different occasions. I Brag about it A LOT!! Brian also let me on stage during a Foreigner concert to record him doing a DRUM SOLO.. WOW is all i can say!! i dunno how he does it sober let alone after the drinks the stage man poors, JESUS i said "Jack and Coke" Not "just a cup full of jack" But what a great time!! Cant wait to see what this year brings!! Thanks brian

Comment

• juxt
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

good post SSP. merry Christmas to all the speed bag punching maestros!!!
            Last edited by juxt; 12-22-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
              Spin Master

• Aug 2008

nice post BT!merry xmas-happy new years to everyone on the forum! its been an amazing year- much more to come! sbsh!
              Last edited by SpeedBagScissorhands; 12-22-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Nice one SSP!! Merry Christmas to all my bag brothers and sisters around the world!!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

BT is an awesome bagger. I didn't get any video, but he was hitting two bags at once on the Speedbag Gangbanger in San Antonio. And he could keep different rhythms with each hand independent of the other. Serious coordination. Are the Whitesnake tour dates posted???

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                    Brian left out one of the most important parts!! How Awesome he is!!! Brian is a very stand up guy and man can he tear up a speedbag as well. But as he will brag about my OK skills on the bag. All i can ever do is be amazed at what he can do with the drums. I have been lucky enough to be able to hang with this cat on many different occasions. I Brag about it A LOT!! Brian also let me on stage during a Foreigner concert to record him doing a DRUM SOLO.. WOW is all i can say!! i dunno how he does it sober let alone after the drinks the stage man poors, JESUS i said "Jack and Coke" Not "just a cup full of jack" But what a great time!! Cant wait to see what this year brings!! Thanks brian
                    Skunk! haha... it's all fun fun fun! And not all those drinks are for me! haha..
                    I just go with the flow of the Foreigner show!
                    Thanks for the kind words! We will do it all again soon!
                    Merry Xmas! And dude, I may be able to punch drum and hit a phantom here and there into a 4 way elbow... but you ... you are the go to guy..
                    You and Alan are the leaders I think everyone here knows to bow to..
                    It is the truth.. I've witnessed it all first hand...
                    You guys, go watch Skunk bag to Free Bird! It is a serous workout!

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
                    nice post BT!merry xmas-happy new years to everyone on the forum! its been an amazing year- much more to come! sbsh!
                    Scissor! Yeah! Stay cool! See ya soon!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                    Nice one SSP!! Merry Christmas to all my bag brothers and sisters around the world!!
                    Fingers... Merry Xmas!

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                    BT is an awesome bagger. I didn't get any video, but he was hitting two bags at once on the Speedbag Gangbanger in San Antonio. And he could keep different rhythms with each hand independent of the other. Serious coordination. Are the Whitesnake tour dates posted???
                    AAD! You are crazy! Guys, he brought his whole speed bag cage and set it up outside a Lynch Mob concert all night...!!! It was great...
                    You got to put more footage of that up!!! And... no States Dates yet on Whitesnake... soon though...
                    BAG ON! Shit... you'd think we were all from Baghdad!
                    hahahhahah

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Merry Christmas to all my Bag brothers and sisters! Brian you are one of the coolest, talentet, most laid back cats I've had the privelige to meet and hang with. Hopefully next we get together I'll get to stay a bit longer and have a drink with ya. I'm a jack and coke guy myself as well as guiness. Merry Christmas Brother! Working for Jesrsey 2011! I'll keep checking for Whitesnake dates. MERRY BAGMAS!
                      sigpic

Comment

• StevieMac
                        • Oct 2010

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Feb 2010

My first Christmas on the forum!

Great post SSP and a very happy Christmas to all fellow bagaholics out there

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Merry Christmas fellow Baggers! I've got a stack of gifts to wrap right now, but all I can think about is bagging! Maybe I could just "bag" the gifts in paper bags!

Anyway, I wish you all a good holiday. And, thanks Brian, for re-posting your Merry Bagmas video. It's the BEST!

HO HO HO
                            Merry Bagmas to you all!
                            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Merry Christmas and a Baggy New Year to all.
                              The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...