• toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

Rhi at Dad's Gym

Here is my Daughter Rhi hitting the Tuff Wear Speedbag

• Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

WOW! Great control and rhythm throughout the entire clip, and how 'bout that flurry at the end. Rhi is looking very comfortable under the board.

TBD, looks like she's spent some serious time training for the GG. I know one thing, I wouldn't want to meet her in the ring.

Rhi, 5 bags. You go girl. Good luck in the GG and keep us updated on your progress.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Very Impressive

Wow! Toolbox, your daughter can certainly go the distance! And what great timing. She inspires me to go out and see if I can maintain the rhythm and speed for 3 minutes. Uh, I don't think so. I suppose that's why I like punch-drumming so much. I'm able to "switch it up."

Rhi certainly appears to have what it takes to be a good boxer. Stamina, self confidence... good looks. Oh, and I wish MY ARMS could look that good! Please keep us posted on the fight. And I hope we get to see some pictures and video... Good luck in your upcoming fight, Rhi!
      Attached Files
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• jumpcannon
        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Awsome! She is very good! She shifts her weight around just right and you can tell she is relaxed!
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Dee - All her hard work certainly produced dramatic results.

Two years ago and now:
          Attached Files

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Toolbox, you gotta be a pretty proud Pop! I had 3 sons (only one of which took up a contact sport–soccer). This son now has a 3-yr-old daughter and 10-month-old son. My granddaughter is a "girlie girl" but is no wimp. She has her parents' (yes both!) tenacity and determination. I hope I can be around to inspire her to take up something like Rhi is doing.

A question for you, toolbox. Has Rhi always displayed an interest in the sport? Or was she "nurtured"? Just curious...
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• toolboxdiver
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              A question for you, toolbox. Has Rhi always displayed an interest in the sport? Or was she "nurtured"? Just curious...
              She has always liked sports but didn't take up boxing til I taught her the speedbag about 3 years ago. She took to it and just loves how much better shape she is in and I love the extra confidence she has. I am very proud of her.

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Fantastic video TBD!! great work rate speed stamina and skill you should both be very proud! good luck in your upcoming fight Rhi.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Oh yeah, she's still got it!. Great seeing her again and glad to see she's still punching!
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                    Fantastic video TBD!! great work rate speed stamina and skill you should both be very proud! good luck in your upcoming fight Rhi.
                    She is doing great and yes I am very proud of her Thanks Fingers

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Oh yeah, she's still got it!. Great seeing her again and glad to see she's still punching!
                    yep it is Great to be back Alan

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Damn!! She got some GUNS brother!! I also checked out her DE bag and Heavy bag vids. Whomever her opponent is, I hope their insurance is paid up. Rhi, you got some moves and power to boot, go get'em!! SEMPER FI!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                        Damn!! She got some GUNS brother!! I also checked out her DE bag and Heavy bag vids. Whomever her opponent is, I hope their insurance is paid up. Rhi, you got some moves and power to boot, go get'em!! SEMPER FI!!
                        Yea Brother her left hook is impressive to say the least the guys at the gym she spars at call her the little girl who hits like a man, LMAO

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Feb 2010

Enjoyed the vid toolboxdiver, thanks for sharing!
                          It's cool to see Rhi looking so natural and enjoying training with the speedbag.

I often wish I could have had some kind of opportunity to get into boxing when I was a lot younger. Today there's more acceptance and more opportunities for female boxers which I think is a good thing.

Seeing that workout has reminded me to mix up my board time a bit more and put some disciplined extended punching routines like this in there. Focussing on stamina and toning those arms.

Good luck in your fight Rhi, I'm sure all the hard work training will pay off for you.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                            Enjoyed the vid toolboxdiver, thanks for sharing!
                            It's cool to see Rhi looking so natural and enjoying training with the speedbag.

I often wish I could have had some kind of opportunity to get into boxing when I was a lot younger. Today there's more acceptance and more opportunities for female boxers which I think is a good thing.

Seeing that workout has reminded me to mix up my board time a bit more and put some disciplined extended punching routines like this in there. Focussing on stamina and toning those arms.

Good luck in your fight Rhi, I'm sure all the hard work training will pay off for you.
                            Thank you for your wonderful comment, Rhi is working very hard to get into fighting shape for her first fight and all the great comments from everyone will motivate her for sure just knowing everyone here is pulling for her

Comment

• juxt
                              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

nice speed bag clip. i checked out the heavy bag punching clip too, very impressive.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...