• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

practice makes perect

ok so im still trying it is hard but its only been one day
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag practice.

Really nice work there. Your control in the single fist doubles and downward elbow work is really great to watch.

You guys are making this look way too easy
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
      Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

thanx alan

Alan you just wait soon your are going to not like me at all but i promise man all the stuff i have learned and all the things i know now would not be here unless i seen your videos man, you are the tru speed bag king no matter what. You have lead us to become our own speed baggers and we all salute you as Alan Kahn "THE SPEED BAG KING"

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag Practice Makes Perfect

Hey Skunk,

I look forward to seeing you progress. It is obvious to me that You and BillyMack are extremely gifted on the speed bag. Anyone who understands the bag should instantly realize the talent and ability of you guys. You're both throwing out new combinations that I have never seen, and still can't do. Geez, you make it look easy! I have no fear of your progressive ability. In fact, I look forward to it.

One of my greatest days was to show the man who taught me, Dr. Roy Schroeder,, some new combinations. In fact, the day those pictures were taken I showed him the Downward Elbow Strikes, the Four Way Elbow Strikes and the Side-Triple Elbow Strike. He had never seen them. He was thrilled that I had taken his teaching to the next step. In fact, he expected it. HE said it is every good teachers dream to have their students surpass them, and he always expected me to do that. He wasn't jealous, or ticked or embarrassed that I could do some new techniques and combinations that he could not. He just really enjoyed watching them and was hoping I learned to do even more. If it weren't for HIM, we would both probably be stuck on the basic rhythm.

As I grow older and joyfully watch more people get under the board, their will be many that learn, then surpass my own abilities. I have no fear of that, or them. You and a few others are now allowing me to watch in amazement as new, really cool combinations bounce off your hands. I imagine that is the same way you felt when you first saw ME hit. It just grabs ya, and I love seeing and hearing it. For my part, I am most satisfied that I created a teaching system to isolate movements into techniques, and that allows what we punch to be written down in flowing combinations. Without written sheet music, we would never hear beethovan. His music had to be written down to be passed on. I believe my system works, and you (and others) are living proof of it. I personally never intended to be THE best on the speed bag. I just wanted to teach others to understand it.

Keep it coming. I'm loving every minute of it. no joke.
        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
          ok so im still trying it is hard but its only been one day
          Good stuff, that's awesome skunk.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Another post where the video has been removed, but you'd really wish you could see it. Skunk, the early years.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
              Another post where the video has been removed, but you'd really wish you could see it. Skunk, the early years.
              I've often wondered what's going to happen when YouTube (Google) decides they don't have the room for videos viewed only dozens or hundreds of times... make sure you keep your footage so you can re-upload it! I've got most (but not all) of mine

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                I've often wondered what's going to happen when YouTube (Google) decides they don't have the room for videos viewed only dozens or hundreds of times... make sure you keep your footage so you can re-upload it! I've got most (but not all) of mine
                That's why they make external Hard Drives and home DVD burners. With the low cost of digital storage now adays there is no reason not to keep any information you need.

Of course, not everyone can probably afford either or both of those, and I'm not sure how cell phone video's can be exported to storage devices.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...