Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Therese Riedel

Young woman with quadriplegia bagging.

Bag on, Therese !

Read a little about her:

"I've come from nothing, literally,” Therese said. “When I broke my neck, I couldn't move. I couldn't scratch my face. I couldn't reach for a sip of water."

see also

This is just a small clip showing how Therese is progressing. Awesome eh? C5 Quadriplegic. You won't slow her down. Give her time and she will continue to br...
    Last edited by paranday; 11-07-2010, 09:28 AM.
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Inspirational young lady. I see where insurance isn't going to help at all. Interesting how when unfortunately something bad happens that is just the start of the setbacks. There is a lot of work and turns for the worse. A friend of mine got a case against a doctor and hospital thrown out because he filed against them on his own and didn't get it right then a lawyer filed for him but they wouldn't accept that because of of what he had done. Now because of what he did, which in no way hurt anyone, he can't sue for what they did to him. I have my own problem now, which I won't go into deeply, but I'm not sure what the outcome will be. Please don't drink and drive!!! Nuf said. Not the worse case but Virginia don't play.

Anyway, it would be nice to invite this fellow bagger to the forum, it would be mutually inspirational. Is there still a signed bag from SB2010 that could be sent to her with some words of encouragement? She sure could use some of the Love that flows on this forum daily. Bag on Sisters and Brothers!!! SB STL and 2011!!!

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Very Inspirational!!! Bag On Therese!! Work that mook as well!!
      sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job!
        Bag On Therese!

Comment

• StevieMac
          • Oct 2010

Wow, what an incredibly strong young lady. Way to go Therese!

Comment

• jumpcannon
            Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Keep hitting girl! You are doing great!
            evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Now there's a person I would love to meet. What an inspirational story. Like PIEFURZ, it would be nice if she joined the forum.

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Incredible!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Wow. Therese Riedel = DETERMINATION. Interesting story on her... I keyed in on one quote in particular:

“...I slowly and progressively reteach myself. Just like in high school, you have to repeat things 100 times until you get it right. That's what you do. Your muscles can't do it? You try anyway.”

Speed bagging is such a repetitive sport, it seems a logical choice for rehab. I hope Therese continues working out on the bag. And, I hope she finds her way here to the forum.
                  sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                  I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• The Baggist
                    Vert Baggin' Master
                    • May 2009

Very cool!! Nice linking skills! Thanks for posting Paranday!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...