• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeD22792
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2007

Need Some VERY basic video on hitting the speed bag

Hey im new to this forum i been hitting the speed bag for afew weeks now but i need a video that is VERY basic all the video i look at are to hard for me. So if someone can send me a VERY VERY basic video on how to hit the speed bag the right way bcuz i pratice alot but it wont help if im not doing the basics right so please someone send me a basic video.

Thank you,
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

check out

you can just type in speed bag in the YOU TUBE page and lots will come up for you.

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Welcome to speedbagging!

Better yet, go here since there is actually some instruction along with the hitting: http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/m...=1&clientId=55

Also, take the time to look over the site thoroughly: http://www.speedbagcentral.com/

Comment

• BillyMack
        • Sep 2006

I agree with Chris M. There isn't a lot useful instructive video on YouTube, but then again you will see a lot of variety and skill levels.

Definitely check out speedbagcentral.com Alan Kahn aka Speedbag has posted several beginner videos under the "demo" seciton. This will give you an idea what the Speedbag Bible DVD is like, which might be a great next step for you.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Basic speed bag video

There aren't a lot of "Teaching" videoclips online that I have seen, but Look here at videoclips #10, 11, 12 for some basic tips.

You might also read some of the introductory basics and information here to get some insight into how the speed bag works, and also here for some beginner tips.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

well

all he said was he wanted to see what BASIC hitting looks like not a training video. So i was just letting him know were to find others hitting the speed bag at a BASIC stage.

Comment

• Chris M
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2006

So if someone can send me a VERY VERY basic video on how to hit the speed bag the right way bcuz i pratice alot but it wont help if im not doing the basics right so please someone send me a basic video.
              The statement he made sure sounds like he's looking for some training videos to me.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk

• Oct 2006

well

he will find A LOT more VIDEOS on you tube then the 15 second clips from alan kahns web site.

Comment

• BillyMack
                  • Sep 2006

hmmmmm

Someone who is really good, I mean really good should make a short tutorial for speedbagging and post it on YouTube.

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by BillyMack View Post
                    Iwhat the Speedbag Bible DVD is like, which might be a great next step for you.
                    I'll second that. Send a PM to Speedbag and he can hook you up with a copy.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

short video tutorials.

Someone who is really good, I mean really good should make a short tutorial for speedbagging and post it on YouTube.
                      ...or short tutorial(s) for this forum, the only dedicated place online for discourse about speed bag training. I admit that YouTube is a great place for show, but this forum is the real deal.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2006

agreed it should be only for registered members of this forum just so you know their serious about the art of speed bagging
                        ________
                        Kids Depakote
                        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• BillyMack
                          • Sep 2006

Either way, we're still waiting on that steamy Ft. Benning weight room video!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Steamy weight room speed bag

Either way, we're still waiting on that steamy Ft. Benning weight room video!
                            OK Billy. Here ya go. First minute of this is from the Ft Benning weight Room, July 1979

We were trying to make a Public Service Announcement for the local Jerry Lewis Telethon that september. Unfortunately, the Ft Benning Recreation Director had the board painted grey two days before the shoot, and it wasn't quite dry yet. That's why my hands and the bag are grey. It kind of ruined the shoot, but it left some very early footage of hitting.

There's some pretty funny screw ups in the original footage, (there's a guy hiding underneath with a microphone wired to the camera.) - and he gets blasted by a loose bag on a missed downward 4-way - but I'll leave that for a speed bag outake clip.

By the way, this was the first time I had even seen or hit a bag in over three years, so I was a bit rusty. I made up for in the 1991 footage afterward. Same bag.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Mar 2006

That's really cool Alan, thanks for posting it! The silver hands and elbows are funny too.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...