• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
    Kerry,
    Two words – YOU'RE GOOOOD! You joined the forum back in July. But, were you speed bagging prior to joining? Quite amazing level you've reached in such a short time. And to "get it" in the punch-drumming department. Wow! Excellent aural skills, nova. Watching your video made me want to go out and do just straight-time punching. Very pleasing to the ears.

PS: Nice video editing also. More please!
    Thank You! My first speed bagging experience was back in the early 80's but it was just after racquetball matches to get an extra work out. Then in 96' I installed a board in my Garage but all I new was straight punching. My garage was submerged in Hurricane Katrina so I haven't bagged from that time until April of this year. So, I do have a background with the speed bag but strictly straight punching and circle punching. I didn't even do fist rolls during that time. Then, this past spring I mounted a platform on a freestanding cage that I built in my new garage in the DC area. Once I wore myself out on FSP's and FCP's I headed for youtube and started learning. I always had a knack for copying technique. So, you and all the other baggers on the forum and youtube are very responsible for my progress. I am very thankful for that! I also played the drums for a while in my youth but wasn't an extreme talent, however, para diddles and other rudiment practice remind me of learning combinations on the speed bag. I think that helps me somewhat. Mostly I watch, learn and practice. Thanks for you interest Ms. D!
    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

Good stuff.
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Very impressive punch drumming, Kerry. Was this your first PD video?? To this untrained ear, you were dead-on. Watch out MsDeville, you have some competition!!!

Comment

• PIEFURZ
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Nova, good vid. I've always liked the beat of that song. Got to see Steve in concert once in Hawaii, a very long encore. I see you're in the DC area, I'm in Alexandria, VA, will have to hook up some time if you like. Sorry to hear about your flood out in LA. i was stationed at England AFB, Alexandria LA and saw my share of rain. Just get used to being wet or hot and sticky most of the time. You're drier in the shower down there because soap and water rinses off where sweat just sticks to you.

Comment

• The Baggist
            Vert Baggin' Master
            • May 2009

Love that song!!! Very cool punch drumming!! Glad to see you got your vids up and they still have the sound!!! keep it up man!!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Yeah! That's the way to punch drum! Nice and locked up!
              Free form combos all in time!
              You hear the beat no prob....
              Very impressed!
              Are you musically inclined at all?
              Any time on drums, piano or guitar??
              PUNCH ON!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Just read one of your posts.. you did play drums.. others should take note that
                any amount time studying drums is benficial when punch drumming..
                It is a definite advantage...
                Bag control AND rhythmic understanding makes punch drumming a lot easier..
                ONce again... awesome job!
                It makes me want to get in there and finish my newest punch drum challenge...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...