• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juxt
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

clips

here is a video where i just put a few quick video clips together. Most these clips are about a year old. soon i want to post something new because i think i have improved since this video. any advice appreciated

• PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Great moves for as hard as you are punching and for as how high the bag is. Good cardio work out. Looks like a gym where there isn't much choice as to bag height.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by juxt View Post
      here is a video where i just put a few quick video clips together. Most these clips are about a year old. soon i want to post something new because i think i have improved since this video. any advice appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWT29Y_TQeU

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
      Great moves for as hard as you are punching and for as how high the bag is. Good cardio work out. Looks like a gym where there isn't much choice as to bag height.
      PIEFURZ is correct about the bag being high. WAY too high for serious linking and elbows - but you're hitting it very nicely and show great movement control and swing timing. When you can somehow match the belly of a bag with your mouth (lower bag down or raise yourself up on a box or stand), you will be amazed at how much you're doing, and how much easier it will be. I'm gonna bet your speed will increase also. Looks like you have great understanding of the movements and timing, you just need to optimize your setup and bag position. Then watch your swivel catch fire!
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• juxt
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

thanks a lot. yeah the platforms are high at my gym, I'm 5' 11" and feel like a munchkin hitting those bags. Those bags have been popped for about 2 months so i havnt visited there in a while. It seems like the speed bag is the chopped liver of a lot of gyms i been to.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Damn You got SKILLS brotha!!!! High platform and all! Can someone please give a slow demo and explanation of the spinning elbows!?!?!? I'm still gonna post a clip to those beats you sent. If any other forum members haven't already, go chek out juxt's MySpace page!! He' s got some skills on the mixer as well and was gracious and generous enough to sent me a cd of his music and I will be posting a video soon!!
          sigpic

Comment

• PIEFURZ
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

thanks a lot. yeah the platforms are high at my gym, I'm 5' 11" and feel like a munchkin hitting those bags. Those bags have been popped for about 2 months so i havnt visited there in a while. It seems like the speed bag is the chopped liver of a lot of gyms i been to.
            I hear ya about speed baggin not getting any respect in gyms. Where I've been they are in the aerobics rooms or areas where they have classes and they won't let you bag because of the noise. They use motorized pumps which over inflate. My current gym just ruined two bags. Only good thing is I do occasionally meet other baggers.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Feb 2010

WOW! juxt Amazing skills as has been said. I'd like to see you let loose on a platform with a perfect set up for you. It looks like the gym put those boards up after the mirrors so will be ideal for anyone 6'4" and taller!!

I agree with metaldad, the spins remain one of the elite moves and mysteries of speedbagging! You're doing it flawlessly, so any slo mo or pointers would be really good. I can't imagine not getting ridiculously dizzy!!

Comment

• juxt
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

thanks a lot for the comments. @PIEFURZ , yeah. no punching in the areobics room and overinflated bags, that sounds exactly like new york sports club.

the best advice i could give for the spin is dont go off beat. just like any other bag strike, you have to time it.
                Last edited by juxt; 09-24-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                  Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

hey

seen your skills in person!! Top notch bagger you are brother!! keep goin strong bro! Hope to see ya at SpeedBag II

Bag on brother!!
                  SpeedBagSkunk

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

. Those bags have been popped for about 2 months so i havnt visited there in a while. It seems like the speed bag is the chopped liver of a lot of gyms i been to.
                    Good vid dude. Put a unit up at your place. I don't think there is but one or two gyms in all of Orlando with speed bags, so I had to have my own. The other benefit of having your own is you can bag pretty much anytime you like (noise concerns aside of course).

Comment

• fingers
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • May 2008

[QUOTE=juxt; It seems like the speed bag is the chopped liver of a lot of gyms i been to.[/QUOTE] I think they get hit like a heavy bag at gyms sometimes i must admit i destroyed a brand new double end bag this way once we learn by our mistakes!!

Comment

• The Baggist
                        Vert Baggin' Master
                        • May 2009

Killer Baggin Juxt!!!!!!

Comment

• Biff
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

The bag is defintely too high, juxt, but you did one hellava job. Nice skills. was that Tarzan I heard in tha background at the :17 sec mark??

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...