• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
    Impressive stuff Novabagger! Like everyone has said you've got good technique so you'll be adding to your skills with new combos in no time. Took me ages to learn side punches, and you make it look easy!!

Have you tried other bags yet or is the Everlast your favourite? Looking forward to more videos, thanks for posting.
    Thanks Mrs Mitts! I've used the grey Med. Everlast dura-hide bag often when my hands are sore. It's a lite bag and very soft with good rebounding. This bag enables me to work on technique without having to punch the bag as hard to keep it rebounding with a steady rhythm.

I really like the Everlast xs as best overall bag. There is a photo below of my entire speed bag collection. The Red title 8x5 is very light but it takes hard punches to keep the rhythm steady because it slows down very quickly. The Black Everlast med. is a good bag, however, it is so long for my short arms that I get hit in the nose often when linking or double punching from the back of the bag. I hope this info is helpful and Thanks again for you feedback on the video Ms. Mitts....I'll be looking forward to seeing your next video as well!

Attached Files
    Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 09-14-2010, 11:09 PM. Reason: forgot to add something to reply
    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Thanks Skunk!

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
      whoop whoop great video. I thought everything looked pretty good man. All your punches looking relaxed but firm, Just the way the bag loves it!! But dont be afraid to crack a smile lol Keep it baggin
      SpeedBagSkunk
      Thanks Skunk! I'll try to smile in the future... You make it look so easy but it ain't so easy making a clean run for the camera!!!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
        Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

ohh brother!!

YES i do trust me lmao... in my eyes i believe some of the best things i have ever done has been with no one around and the camera set to OFF it was hard when i was a beginner to post videos up unless it was a full on maybe a miss hit or 2 at most, but i can remember out take after out take after out take, i never used to do the video editing thing. You could throw another screen in there if ya messed up the ending final goodbye, All i would do, is press record and then walk into the camera much like the first video that i ever posted. ahhh the good days in the beginning (which sadly i do not have any video footage of when i first started out Anyways lol Keep it baggin!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Excellent work!

nova, you're looking great on all counts: form, rhythm, accuracy. How are the fists doing without the wraps? Are they broken in now?
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2010

The fists are getting tougher Ms D. Also, Eucerin hand cream was recommend to me by a mother that had a problem with skin cracking due to excessive hand washing as well as dishwashing. Now, when I apply some to my hands and nuckles, I also rub some into my everlast xs and it seems to have made the leather more nuckle friendly.
            Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Knuckle are better!

Yes Ms D, the knuckles are getting a bit tougher and my bag striking is a bit more accurate all though I have a long way to go with improving my skills. I'm working on a punch drumming video, so I hope you check it out when I get it posted and let me know what you think It should be up shortly
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

great video Novabagger!You do a great job of keeping your arms level and elbows up. Keep 'em comin'!!
                sigpic

Comment

• deano
                  Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

top vid Nova,forwards to sideways you made look easy,and plenty of speed too.
                  where you have your shower hook ,you might like to try a heavy duty cable tie
                  you can leave it about the same length or shorten it for more speed,they last for
                  ages and when they finally break you can replace it in 1min and your right to get stuck into it again,keep the vids rolling

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Aug 2010

Hey, Thanks alot metaldad! I've been putting in some quality hours in my speedbag dungeon so haven't been on the forum. Hope to post a video or 2 this weekend if things go right. Eversince I saw your fist rolls I've been working on mine. Thanks for the inspiration! Keep it baggin!
                    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2010

still trying to master the deano elbows

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                      Yes Ms D, the knuckles are getting a bit tougher and my bag striking is a bit more accurate all though I have a long way to go with improving my skills. I'm working on a punch drumming video, so I hope you check it out when I get it posted and let me know what you think It should be up shortly
                      Originally posted by deano View Post
                      top vid Nova,forwards to sideways you made look easy,and plenty of speed too.
                      where you have your shower hook ,you might like to try a heavy duty cable tie
                      you can leave it about the same length or shorten it for more speed,they last for
                      ages and when they finally break you can replace it in 1min and your right to get stuck into it again,keep the vids rolling
                      Thanks deano! I've been trying out your elbow magic, but I don't seem to have the mojo for em yet! If I ever get right I'll be sure to put it on video...Your skills have to be the most unique baggin technique I've seen. I'll be sure to try out the the heavy duty cable tie also!
                      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Biff
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great skills, NB. Nice relaxed punching style. Very nice job.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...